Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whoa there.... daylight saving time?????

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by parrott, Mar 29, 2003.

1. I just got a message on my computer informing me that it's updated itself to Daylight Saving Time.

So it's clock is now saying it's 2am, even thought the others clocks in thsi room are saying its 1am.

Is it that (DST) already? I thought that was still a few weeks away??

is :confused:

2. It's April 6.

3. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    It's correct, Parrott. As I write this, it would have been 9:36am, but it's actually 10:36am.

It seems in the options menu in "My TalkBass" there's no option for BST - so you have to choose "Central European Time - Copenhagen, Paris etc. etc." so that the times appear correct.

4. Us Aussies just turned our clocks back one hour to end DayLight Savings... ahh extra hour MMMMM lol!

:D:D

Merls

5. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Yeah I'm hating the change too, mainly 'cause my pc's in our conservatory and between 10 and 4 oclock (last weeks time) it's too sunny to go on it, so now I cant go on from 11 until 5. My plan of waking up on weekends at about 1's failed me now :/

6. Oh, well it's April 6 here in the US.

7. I think I'd rather be in Central Europe (Paris, etc) than Scotland.

I also think I'll stick with GMT.

Why do we have BST though?

8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I save all of my daylight in a jar. ...Just in case.

9. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Well, it's Daylight Saving Time - the clue is in the title :D

So we get more hours of daylight during the day!

10. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Uh, it gets worse. Normally on a sunday night I dont get to slepp until about 1AM due to staying up late on saturday, but because of cr*ppy daylight saving last night I didnt get to sleep untill 2.30AM and have college all day today :mad:

I hope whoevers responsable for this is proud of themseleves:bawl:

11. Was it the British Government ?

12. Exactly the same here. I'm now sitting in college, after trying (and passing) a studio assesment at 9am....

It might have been worth just not going to bed, I probably wouldn't be much more tired than I am now, and I would've got some work done (it being last week of term rush time)

13. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Could be worse! There was one year a long time ago that they experimented with moving the clocks forward (or back can't remember) by 2 hours. Didn't catch on......

14. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Worse still, before leap years were introduced, there was the time when the calendar got all out of step, and they skipped forward 11 days or so! :eek: :D

15. Wasn't that 14 days they skipped?

I remember reading about the huge protests that happened, people with placards saying "give us back our 14 days!"

16. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Could be 14, I don't remember.