whoa who in gods name here would buy this?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DSOTM, Mar 21, 2002.

1. [​IMG]

just a thought. i know someone wouldn't buy it just for their own but a band would buy it or a concert hall might buy it but who in here would buy this for ****s and giggles? I could never have that money for that. but like i siad. i know like a big group would chip in on it or a arts center would get it for their use of the theatre or for when a group would travel so they are used to one pa system. but who in gods name would get that for them self?
  2. I don't know... I think it would go nicely in my bedroom... but where would I sleep... I wonder. :)
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I know dozens of Top 40 cover bands who own their own pro level PAs, at least in the area where I grew up.

I heard you don't earn that much with Top 40 in the US, but in Germany you (used to) make a lot of money in a good band.
    A friend of mine is a singer in a good Top 40 band and he has up to 15 gigs per months in the summer, earning up to 200$ and more per gig.
    It's become harder in the last few years though.

But you're right, usually the buyers are clubs, theaters (maybe), and PA rental companies.
  4. 15 gigs in the summer per month? wow that kinda seems like nothing to me. My old band we used to play a gig 4 nights a week over the summer. the band i am in now plays 5 nights a week(monday, wednesday, thurday, friday, and saturday) and we get alotta people out to our shows every night. We are going to germany to play in Berlin this summer and we are also playing in munich i believe. Than i think we are going to London, Birmingham, Dublin(which will make ireland i think even more tense than it is now), and than Stockholm Sweden and then back to the good ol U.S. which is funny beause we are getting back in the morning in the u.s. and we are playing a gig later on that night. Its gonna be a crazy summer for us. It will be good to get paid good money for these shows. all the money from these shows is going to our promo company and they give us our check when we get back. We are renting flight cases for this. I think i will need new gear when i get back because i will be beating the crap outta the cabs and the places cant guarentee us amps. Im just bringing my bb405 and the Sidewinder(which i am getting soon) along with me, Plus my 3 cabs, and my head.
  5. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    A man like John Turner :D ;) :p
  6. HAHAHA when i went to The Atlanta Bread Company this morning before school to get a bagel sandwich i saw this guy flashing a few thousand big ones looked like a guy who would buy that PA hahaha.
  7. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    DSOTM, sound like nothing?
    That's only one less than you say you're doing. And Top 40 band only play weekends over here.
  8. well im not in a coverband :) because most coverbands around me only play at bars and there is soo little bars near me that aren't go-Go girl joints
  9. Ah, another misplaced thread. Off to Misc.
  10. The band I play with now, owns 4 of each of these. BTW they are self powered.
    They also have a 24x8x8 mixer, and a 16x4 mixer(for monitors) Insane system, best bang for the buck around.

11. Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I've actually seen a DJ use almost as many as those speakers. Too bad he sucked.
  12. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    I saw many, many more than those speakers used here before at a relatively small fourth of July fesitival. It literally looked like a wall of speakers on the stage; it was a bit of over kill IMO, but didn't sound all that bad.
  13. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    my old HS has almost that much stuff. i was in a cover/pep band that played at all the football games, and you could hear us from miles away.
  14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Dunno who'd buy it ... it looks a little smallish. Perhaps as a rehearsal rig. I just don't know.
  15. melvin

Apr 28, 2001
    Each member in my band owns 4 of those which amounts to 16 of your pictures. When we go on our stadium tour in the summer, were all gonna by 50 more of those per person, whichll add up to 216 of those systems.

BTW were called KoRn :D ;) :p
  16. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

17. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I would buy it if the mixing board had a few more channels.
  18. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    But I wouldn't do it in God's name.
  19. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    My one friend was a waitress at this restaurant/bar. I was waiting for her to get off of her shift and the band that was playing there that night was setting up. The dance floor and bar area is about the size of two living rooms put together and I actually counted, the band stacked up 10 PA cabs on the sides of the stage. I'm still wondering when people are going to realize bigger doesn't always = better. :rolleyes: