Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Sonic, Feb 5, 2003.

1. Sonic

Sonic Lord of the Grump

I just got back from practice with my punk/metal band, holy crap am I sore. Up through my shoulders and back, I gotta stop headbanging, lol. Anyway, what do you guys do when you get done playing to make yourself feel less tired:confused:
  2. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Sleep :D

No - seriously... I get back around midnight after a day at work and a four hour rehearsal. I've got to be back at work the next day, so although I may poodle around for a few minutes having a quick snack or listening to the start of my rehearsal recording, it's bedtime before too long.

If you're really aching, and especially if you still feel sore the next day, it might be worth considering how you warm up and cool down (just like in a sports class) - if you go from slouching around into pogoing like a bouncy thing for a couple of hours and then back to slouching , there's every chance you're going to pull muscles and do yourself damage!

Warm up and cool down and you may feel less whacked out.

3. thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Warming up and cooling down is definitely a good idea. Getting into better overall shape should help too - try lifting some weights to strengthen your back. It will eventually make a difference as far as the soreness goes, but as with any workout, take care not to overdo it.

I wish I had followed some of this advice a little better back when :D I remember the day after some gigs, I was so sore I could barely get out of bed!