Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whom Do You Most Respect Here At TalkBass?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    In light of all the recent "timewaster" and "who's on your ignore list" threads, I'd like to ask what members you most respect here on TalkBass. This isn't a "Who's your favoriter TBer" thread mind you; there are a lot of I really enjoy or members whose posts I look forward to reading. I want to hear who you most look up to-who you think is doing the most to benefit TalkBass and make it a better place, with their interests based in sharing, teaching, and learning from one another.

The members I can think of who suit this idea the best off of the top of my head are Chris Fitzgerald, Boplicity, Moley, Josh Walsh, Michael Jewels, Gard, Hambone, XavierG, Dave Siff, bgavin, John Turner, and Brad Johnson. There are many others (more of which I may name later) that I'm sure I'm forgetting, but when I think of these people I think of all the good things that TalkBass can be.

How about you?

2. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    wrong robot for being the coolest nices mod( i know that sounded like a major brown noising sorry)

well dont i feel dumb aboth this one ment PUAL for making this place for us all to get together

john turner just poped out cuase he feel like the figure head of TB to me

3. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    jt, gard, hambone, dave siff, bassmonkee, soybase, woodchuck, connie, xush, socom,, brendon, josh walsh, odie, greybeard, and... um joker. i will think of more.

4. everyone you guys have said already, Dave C., Cassanova, Mike M., Mike N, Pollybass, Blackbird, Embellisher.. and more later

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Do you mean Mike N?

6. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    jazzbo, Ed Fuqua, Mike Jewels, and all the guys & gals already mentioned above - I'm sure I'm overlooking at least 10-20 other folks that deserve mention as well.

Least respectable: Gard - that dude's an idiot.

7. I really gotta give it up for JT.......I barely talk to him, but even his posts have this leadership vibe...it's cool. and definitely, his bass collection is one of the most insane I've seen.

8. temp5897

temp5897 Guest

Definitely myself.

After that comes Adrian G, Boogie and PeterParker. Oh yeah...FunkyCarnivore is really cool for the way he handles himself around here.

9. yeah, he definitely seems like a really cool guy!

the two main ones i can think of are JT (for his leadership vibe as someone else put it) and Bruce Lindfield, while he may be a little old and crusty :)D ) you still gotta respect him for his knowledge and wisdom. also both are definitely the two "icons" of tb.

another group of people that get my vote are MANY of those who frequent the DB forums. those guys have class and wisdom oozing from every pore!

10. John Turner :):)

11. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
    The one person whose posts I can occasionally actually print out and run to the bass (or piano) with - Chris Fitzgerald.

12. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Brendan, BrendAn. (No worries).

My list is basically everyone I've met in person, and about half the people here. Unless they've gone out of their way to counter my opinion, I respect most everybody at TB.

13. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Oh...this is tough, I can't just single out a few people, I really do respect everyone here, even if I disagree with them or they are silly numbnumbs.

but....I guess I should in the spirit of "most"

Pollybass(really gets it)
    Stupidmatt(gets it, really)
    Michael Jewels(not above making potato salad)
    Dave castelo(quack!)
    *ToNeS*(inpermeable)
    John Turner(see sig)
    Bruce Lindfield(big ups for sambossa!)
    Ed fuqua and Chris Fitzgerald(the yin and yang of TB)
    Moley(knowledgable and respectful)
    Darrin huff(introduced me to this place)

but most of all.....paul, because without him there would be no Talkbass.

there. that about does it...I guess.:meh:

14. Pkr2
    Hambone
    Bruce Lindfield
    Notduane.

Merls

Dont know who else i respect i anymore.

15. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    (In no particular order)

john turner
    Chris Fitzgerald (although I think he has a strong dislike for me:D)
    Notduane
    pkr2
    Michael Jewels
    XavierG
    Gard
    Hambone
    Josh Walsh
    Odie
    bgavin
    embellisher

and many, many more.

16. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    Since youse ousted JWC I don't believe in nothin' no more. Law school beckons! :mad:

17. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Nah, you seem to be turning out alright.. Hell, you were the most exiting thing to ever happen to the Rosin forum :D (which - sadly - is no more). Besides, you get big points now for posting under what I assume is your real name. Thanks for the kind thought.

To answer the question posed by KOBESMITH:

Samuel
    Xavier G
    Jazzbo
    Arnold Schnitzer
    Francois
    Bob Lee
    (All Hail) Bob Gollihur
    Michael Manring
    Steve Lawson

to name but a few...

18. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    95% of moderators are great sources of wisdom and amusement, so i do respect them a lot!

i haven`t gotten into big discussions with regular members so anyone who registered before 2003 and participates regularly is OK in my book

newbies must show some respect before getting it though :meh:

Mad Props to:
    Paul (first and foremost, shame on you people)
    The Bass GuRu (awesome guy, I want to have his next children! :eek: :D )
    Mike Dimin (Nicest pro ever! too bad he is on vacations)
    Chris Fitzgerald (DURRLED!)
    John Turner (Conklins intimidate me, intimidation gets respect)
    Brendan (he got me the mod job and seems to be a cool dude too)
    Wrong Robot (he tries so hard, gets so far, in the end...)
    Freaky Fender (claims to be my #1 fan)
    DHC (I still see him in another forum)
    Xavier (THE talkbass prototype of perfection)
    Polly and Matt (sitting on a three)
    Blackbird, Jazzbo and Boplicity (latin Pow4r!)

(i`ll add more as i remember)

19. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX
    Nice. Very nice:D

Hehe. I figured I will go down in the record books for that one. If not the record books, at least a few of the DB'ers "Ignore List":D

All jokes aside, you seem to be very levelheaded and have one helluva personality :)

20. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Odie
    Pollybass
    XavierG
    Freaky "Spider Monkey" Fender
    Dave Costelo
    Bruce Lindfield (most of the time)
    JT