Whoo!! going to see....

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by klharper, Oct 16, 2005.

1. klharper

klharper Supporting Member

Oct 16, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    ... Jean-Luc Ponty, Stanley Clarke, and Bela Fleck tonight!!

Allllright, it should be fun :). Saw the Flecktones a year and a half ago in Athens, and saw Vic back in July in Atlanta. Tonight should be another great show :D

Umm.... discuss..? heh
  2. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I've always wanted to see Stanley... :meh:
  3. Have a great time and please post a review of the show. I really wanted to go, but I've spent too much on concert tickets lately, so gotta skip this one.
  4. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Arrghhh. I went to see the same group in Toronto this summer. But Stanley 'was stuck in New York' Say hi to Stanley for me.

As an aside, at the Wooten show in Toronto last night Victor mentioned that the Flecktones will have a new CD and tour to support it in early 2006.
  5. WillBuckingham

Mar 30, 2005
    How about a post-concert post?

Anyway I saw them at the first performance of this tour in Burlington, VT. It was great. I didn't care for Bela's playing or his compositions, but Stanley and Jean-Luc Ponti played absolutely fabulously, I was really blown away.

Dave you picked the wrong show to miss.
  6. Humabass

Humabass Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Saw them this summer at Wolftrap in D.C. front row center! Great show. I was really blown away by Jean-Luc, Stanley was great, as usual, and Bela was interesting. Banjo is tough because you're playing with two instruments that can be played so expressively and dynamically and sometimes the banjo comes off as somewhat repetetive and mechanical. Don't get me wrong, I really like Bela and think he's a fabulous musician but he just didn't have the "mileage" under his belt like Stanley and Jean-Luc.
  7. ARGH!!! I had a feeling. "The Rite Of Strings" with Clarke, Ponty, and Al DiMeola is one of my desert island CDs, which is why I had my eye on this concert. Oh well. :meh:
  8. Lucky guy! I was listening to Ponty in the car this morning. His work with Ralphe Armstrong and Randy Jackson is impressive!
  9. Amazing amazing amazing trio. I saw them in Saratoga back in June and was amazed at what Stanley could do on upright

Damn man