Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whoo hoo! Lots of new stuff

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassmonkeee, Nov 26, 2001.

1. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    What a nice first day back at work after the holidays.

I'm sitting here, goofing off--I mean, working hard....and the mailroom guy brings me a long box from Warmoth. My wenge/pao ferro jazz neck is here! Now, I just need to hold off on buying a body, and making a new bass.

And, then, just as I am getting back to work, a coworker tells me they dropped a box off for me at his desk when I was gone. Turns out, it was the Alumabass 1x10 cabinet I got from musician's friend. Hey, $129 for a 1x10 is worth a gamble.

All in all, it has been a good day!

Mods: I think this goes in Misc since it is about a bass neck, and a cab, but, as always, feel free to move, if needed.

2. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    man...what a cool monday...must be nice. :rolleyes: you'll love the wenge neck, though...great stuff

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I've always liked the way wenge feels, but I never liked the Warwick neck profile. I'm looking forward to building this bass, but patience is key...

I can't wait to try this cab out with my Carvin head. Even if it only sounds good at low volume, it'll still make a great practice amp so I can leave my bigger rig some place besides my apartment.

4. thatz a good way to start the week, eh?

makin your own bass rules though. If i had the money, skills, tools, time (it goes on......) i'd do it!