Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

whoooohooo i got an ipod

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by plexibass, Feb 6, 2006.

1. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    so i finally got an ipod! i got a 60g for 200.00 from a friend of mine. one of my guys that i work with, and a recent tb'er GOODWITHKETCHUP [which he isnt as i've had lunch with him], is putting music on it for me. he knows computers and all that stuff so he's helping me out. taylor is the man and we need to welcome him to talkbass!!!!! i gave him one of my peavey foundation basses because he is doing a lot of this for me. fair trade i guess.man is it hard to find 60g worth of stuff i like. he just laughs at me.
    anyway i love the ipod. what do you guys have on your ipods? great little invention there. oh i have a lot of music but since i will use it when i walk and travel i need something to keep me calm. i get anxiety attacks when i have to travel. i hate leaving my house, my neighborhood and my state....but i love the ipod.:hyper:

2. MarkyMark

MarkyMark

Dec 11, 2005
    I wanted one until I realized that they don't make one big enough to fit all my music on. So I don't want one now. I have an mp3 cd player in my car so that's all that matters.

Congrats though.

3. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    my friend that i got the ipod from has an mp3 player in his car also. he goes to the library and gets books on cd and transfers them to the mp3 player.

4. Cloud_Connected

Cloud_Connected

Jan 31, 2006
    Sweden
    I hope they make those Ipods with bass modes soon.
    It really kicks ass to hear the bass pumping the beat :bassist:

5. Chris M

Chris M

Oct 23, 2005
    Littleton, CO
    I hope you know they might cause hearing loss..

:bag:

Seriously, congrats! I hope you enjoy it.

6. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    too late for that.

7. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    i have a set of headphones that you can pump the bass up. maybe i'll just strap a sub woofer to my back......

8. You haven't lived life until your first Ipod harddrive explosion, especially while it's in your pocket.

Just kidding. Ipods are sweet. Have fun with yours

9. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Congrats, you are now cool (just like several other million Ipod users)

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Or rather - every Marketing man's dream...:meh:

11. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    :eyebrow:

Cooler than you.

The guy's excited because he got a new gadget to play with. Why post disparaging comments?

12. I was waiting for that. Thanks for not dissapointing me Bruce! :smug:

13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium

Yeah, I know, it's cool, you can see the marketing working in real time.

No offence of course.

14. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    How?

What's your problem with iPods? Or with the people who own them? Are they too mainstream?

15. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I don't have a problem with ipods, but it's just that I think that the fact that "having an ipod is cool" has been shoved up our collective asses without us noticing it. I don't care if people have one or not, I'm just saying that the marketing on this product has been incredibly clever, and that a lot of people don't see they're being manipulated (which is, of course, the goal of marketing).

Just my 0.02

16. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Agree 100% - although I think my comments would have been more subtle...;)

17. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Probably, but considering the amount of comment you have :p :D

18. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I think that says more about you than anyone who owns an iPod.

I don't own an iPod because it's cool. I own one so I can have 14000 songs with me at all times and I can leave all of my cds in storage cases in the closet as opposed to taking up a 6'x4' section of my wall.

But, of course you're more enlightened than me--poor widdle ol me is just being manipulated. :bawl:

Give me a break.....:rolleyes:

19. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    i agree with this statement. iPod marketing IS selling an image just like Nike, Lexus, and many other companies/products do.

however, they are quite a good product. i use a mac at home and my iPod is just an extension of that system. if my primary system at home was a PC, i would probably have gone with something by one of the other MP3 player brands.

20. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    What is remarcable about Ipod is that it has surpassed the status of products, it has become more than that, it has become something like a book or a cdplayer. That's dangerous, because we forget that Ipod is indeed still a commercial product. Also, monopolies on anything, in this case Mp3 players, are always a disadvantage for the customer.