Whoooooo Hoooooooo!!! I am in the new Bass Player mag.!!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jpo259, May 21, 2005.

1. jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA
    Page 21,.....Bass Notes.,,,, Introduce Yourself.......ME!!!! Same as Joe Nerve a few months ago!!! My day has been made!!!!! :)
  2. L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    Very cool man, very cool! :cool:
  3. PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    That's awesome! I bet you're proud. Good work! :D :bassist:
  4. Way to go, man! But, you gotta 'fess up to why you didn't list Talkbass under "Where to talk to me online"..
    I liked your comment about Rush.
  5. jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA

Oh, I DID mention Talkbass, too!! They did a bit of editing!! They chopped my gear list signifintaly, also!!! Oh, well!! Hey, y'all, it was easy getting in the mag. When they came out with the new format a few months ago, they had the Introduce Yourself thing in place of the Working Stiff thing. I just got on-line to their website and filled out the app. for this new page. I did it back in January, and now, Whoooop!! There it is!!! I'm stoked!!! Can't wait to show my kids...I'll have 'em take it to school and one-up their friends!!!!
  6. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    But are you wearing a prominently displayed neckerchief? I think not. :scowl:

Congratulations, and nice job!
  7. Andy Cleaver

Andy Cleaver A show of hands....

Dec 16, 2004
    England, Midlands
    Nice one! Definately something cool to show everyone you know ;).
  8. Congratulations, that is nice!!! :hyper: :bassist:
  9. oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Very cool man. I thought they did some editting on your gear. They only mention your Aerodyne, but the pick shows a Ric.
  10. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    :) I'm never gonna live that thing down. I swear to the world it wasn't mine and got put on me right before going on stage. I musta said 20 times in 3 minutes time, "I'm wearing it!, I'm not!, I'm wearing it!, I'm not!" Whodda thunk it would one day be famous.

Congratulations on the bassnotes thing - I have to check it out still. What I think is even cooler than the magazine thing is if you go to the BP website and search your name, your page comes up! You can now say, "I was profiled in Bass Player Magazine" and link to their site. Enjoy your newlyfound fame and glory. :D
  11. jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA

Thanks for the info on the BP website!! I'll make use of it! :D Very fun sharing it with the other musicians and waitresses' at the place we played at last night!!! Then some jarhead had the NERVE to use my magazine to cover his drinks!!!! :mad: Magazine rescued, disaster averted!! :p
  12. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
  13. Rodriguez

Nov 6, 2004
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification & LaBella Strings
    Me too! Session Log, check it out.

14. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Welcome to the club! ;)

Congrats my friend!!!!
  15. Congrats, jpo259. :cool:

I think the guys from BP magazine are stalking us here at TB. :bag:

16. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Cool write up on ya!

Congrats to both of you!
  17. jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA

Wow!! How very cool! This issue is a keeper!!!!
  18. jpo259

Feb 2, 2005
    Corona, CA

I know it's a small part of the mag, but it made my day for sure!! Hey, is that an Ibanez Musician headstock in your avatar??? I have a Musician I bought in Okinawa, Japan back in 1986. STILL a great bass!!!!