Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WHOOOOOO!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by iplaybass, Feb 10, 2003.

1. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    "Dear Andrew
    It is my privelige to inform you that your application to become a part of Rice University has been approved..."

WHOOOOOOOO! Got the letter today, I have been admitted and cleared to become part of Rice's class of 2007. Not that anybody cares, but I thought I would make a general announcement, since this now means I will be relocating to Houston in August. I still can't believe it... out of three kids at my school who applied, I was the only one accepted. What a crazy day! I'm still in total disbelief... this is a dream come true.

So for all of you who skipped to the bottom because that was too long...
    I got into Rice University in Houston, Texas. I am extremely excited. I would sum up my current mood as: :D :cool: :eek:
    That is all.

2. In the words of Pinhead (or JT lol)

SHALL WE BEGIN???

:D:D

Merls

3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Study Smartly, use your time productively, learn all you can.

Then go out get a good job, be strategic, get ahead, buy cool bass stuff (post pics).

But with your first paycheck, buy us (that are of age) BEER!:bassist:

4. congratulations. study hard. :D :cool:

5. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Congrats! Bring sunscreen.

6. Chriss62

Chriss62

Jul 24, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Major congrats man. Rice is H-Core. Good luck. Read a lot. EVERY DAY!!!

7. Congrats, man! Rice is an excellent school. I didn't apply because I didn't want to go to college in Houston, but you'll definitely be getting a top-notch education there.

What's your major gonna be?

8. High Five!!!

Welcome to the cool crowd!

:D

dundundundunddun
    :bassist:

9. I should recommend that school to my friend V. Wong (aka Mr. Noodles).
    ;)

10. Truly delicious!

I don't even know you, but, I'm proud of you. ;)

Mike

11. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    I'm very excited, thanks for the kind words all. Peter, I am planning on majoring in engineering, although Rice doesn't make you specify a major until later. I'm 99.9% sure I'm going there, with the .1% being the off chance I get into Stanford (doubtful). As for Houston, I've grown up in a fairly sprawled out and decentralized city, and I think Houston is a very good fit for me (especially since I'll be avoiding the Houston summers!:D )