whoops, back goes the BR-1180

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by frederic b. hodshon, Nov 18, 2002.

1. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    while it is certainly a fantastic unit.

i can't pass up this deal:

for the same price (actually $50 less) as the Boss BR-1180, i can get this Yamaha with 16 tracks, 16 killer mic pres, etc...

plus a free condenser mic and yamaha gig bag!!!

thank god for GC's 30 day policy!!!

2. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    there you go..now thats a machine;)
    16 track is AWESOME!, its like you have to find stuff to fill up all of the tracks, it makes for some fun times.
  3. Wow that's nice.....do you really think you will need 16 tracks for home recording? I have the Boss Br 1180 CD and I have never used all the tracks yet on any song i'v recorded.........Does that Yamaha have stuff like the Boss COSM Effect? is it going to be more user friendly than the Boss? I like Yamaha's stuff....please let us know how it compares to the Boss BR 1180 CD...

Thanks Fetch!
  4. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    Fetch: i'm the type that you can never have too many tracks.

but, more importantly, is the input section of the yamaha compared to the boss.

the aw16g has 8 balanced inputs, 2xlr and the rest 1/4". no rca's in sight!

perfect for recording my band.

4 mics on the drums, one for each of 2 guitars, one for vocals, and one for lil ol me on insignificant bass.

total track control.

the yamaha has amp sims and other guitar effects. haven't dug into it yet to see how they compare.

the yamaha is a lot deeper than the boss, and probably not as easy to use.

i doubt it will take more than a good weekend with it to get into it. i've been so busy lately, that the unit has barely been touched.

come this saturday, LOOK OUT!!!

fortunately, i was able to sell some gear to cover the cost.

AND, it was cheaper than the BOSS!@!!@#$#$

24 BIT TOO!!!!

5. figures.........they come out with that after I bought a Tascam 788........it has 6 in's. Of course I really need like 16 in or something, as I play in an 8 piece band and there are several mics for the drums/percussion.

But I am not really ready to go for a several thousand dollar investment at this time.

But the 788 sounds great, so I guess I'll live and upgrade the hard drive and get the new cmos for it.