1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Whoot!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pd_5string, Sep 20, 2002.

1. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Just came back from Mike Tobias's...what a great guy!!...picked out my woods for a new bass! Shhweeet! Now the waiting begins...:(

2. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    You horrible human being....you aren't even telling us the type and details of the wood you chose!!! :p

3. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Oops sorry:

-535 (5 string)
    -Cherry Burst
    -Maple Burl (RICH looking)
    -Alder Body
    -Ebony Fongerboad (striped ebony)
    -Maple Neck
    -21 fret
    -Matching headstock
    -Ebony truss rod cover

Mike is also going to start using some new Passive Barts that simulate single coils but have a humbucking system built into the pickup.

4. Ummm....Did you not just buy an MTD? Good for you though if you can afford two!:p

5. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Yep...but looking for a compliment to it, something a little more vintage sounding...This bass won't be ready until Feb/March 2003, so I have plenty of time to save up :)

6. good for you. keep us posted.

Jeff

7. I understand that to get a good J sound, the pups should be located in the correct place. Does Mike put the pups in the traditional place for a Fender Jazz?

Jeff

8. :eek: How could you put a finish over such a beautiful chunk of wood as maple burl!???

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    peter- youre addicted!! i talked to Mike today- he's swamped woth ord3ers.. must be nice!! i hope to get mine in 2 weeks- but like you said, any new orders are looking at next year - did you see mine? how are we looking?- if it looks as good as the pics im happy!1

10. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    I saw both of yours. They are looking great!

11. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Got one of those already :D

[​IMG]

12. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    You are with the same dilemma as me...all the cool stuff on my bass will be covered by the bridge...that is a cool piece of wood though!

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    this is why im glad i chose the orientation i did- all the BORING stuff will be covered by the bridge!!:cool:

[​IMG]