Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whoot!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pd_5string, Sep 20, 2002.

1. pd_5string

pd_5string Admin: Accnt Disabled

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Just came back from Mike Tobias's...what a great guy!!...picked out my woods for a new bass! Shhweeet! Now the waiting begins...:(

2. John Davis

John Davis Guest

Mar 27, 2001
    Houston, Texas
    You horrible human being....you aren't even telling us the type and details of the wood you chose!!! :p

3. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Oops sorry:

-535 (5 string)
    -Cherry Burst
    -Maple Burl (RICH looking)
    -Alder Body
    -Ebony Fongerboad (striped ebony)
    -Maple Neck
    -21 fret
    -Matching headstock
    -Ebony truss rod cover

Mike is also going to start using some new Passive Barts that simulate single coils but have a humbucking system built into the pickup.

4. Ummm....Did you not just buy an MTD? Good for you though if you can afford two!:p

5. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Yep...but looking for a compliment to it, something a little more vintage sounding...This bass won't be ready until Feb/March 2003, so I have plenty of time to save up :)

6. good for you. keep us posted.

Jeff

7. I understand that to get a good J sound, the pups should be located in the correct place. Does Mike put the pups in the traditional place for a Fender Jazz?

Jeff

8. :eek: How could you put a finish over such a beautiful chunk of wood as maple burl!???

9. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    peter- youre addicted!! i talked to Mike today- he's swamped woth ord3ers.. must be nice!! i hope to get mine in 2 weeks- but like you said, any new orders are looking at next year - did you see mine? how are we looking?- if it looks as good as the pics im happy!1

10. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    I saw both of yours. They are looking great!

11. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    Got one of those already :D

[​IMG]

12. pd_5string

Jan 23, 2002
    NY
    You are with the same dilemma as me...all the cool stuff on my bass will be covered by the bridge...that is a cool piece of wood though!

13. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    this is why im glad i chose the orientation i did- all the BORING stuff will be covered by the bridge!!:cool:

[​IMG]