Who're Yall Rooting for in the NBA PLayoffs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bluemoon4655, Apr 19, 2014.

1. I live in Houston, so of course its rockets for me. Also a huge Grizz fan.

or whose winning the chip?

2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Inactive

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Clippers!

Clips - Warriors should be very exciting.

3. should be. I see the Clippers taking it handily, but we'll see

4. Toronto, not that I really care about basketball.

lowsound

5. Greg Jones

Greg Jones

Dec 1, 2005
    Thornton, CO
    Don't care.

I'm all about the NHL playoffs right now.

GO AVS!

6. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2005
    san antonio, texas
    go spurs go!

spurs are overdue.

7. placedesjardins

placedesjardins

May 7, 2012
    Indiana Pacers

8. paste

paste

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    Houston v. Portland is gonna be an insane matchup. Pacers looked strong at the start of the season but completely imploded the last stretch of this season so I'm not putting too much hope on them. Both Miami and Spurs looking dominant. Wouldn't be surprised to see a repeat finals this year. Go Rockets!

9. paste

paste

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    The parity this season between the West and the East was completely bonkers. 9th seed Phoenix would have been THIRD seed in the East. I really feel bad for them not making the playoffs. No offense to Atlanta but Phoenix was WAY more deserving to be in the playoff. It's sad that a team that is 6 games BELOW .500 makes it in over a team that is 14 games ABOVE .500. That's a 20 game W/L differential. ***.

10. paste

paste

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    You guys seriously have an awesome fan base. People who don't even care for basketball are getting hyped up about the playoffs. It also doesn't hurt to have a bad mofo GM.

11. Well, we were trying to tank so we could draft Wiggins, that didn't turn out well. The joke is that we can't even loose correctly.

lowsound

12. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Rooting primarily for my hometown team, the Heat. Been in Chicago for a while now, though, and have loved Noah since he was a fellow Gator--so I want to see the Bulls do well.

13. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Aug 22, 2011
    Anyone but Miami

...or the Lakers, but that mercifully isn't a possibility this year.

14. True blue Boston Celtic fan here. We are currently rebuilding. Our rookies show a lot of promise. Check out olynyk and pessey. Next year we will be back.
    For these playoffs I root for golden state, Memphis, Portland and for the heat, and clips to lose.

15. Clippers. They have been playing in the shadows of the Lakers for so many years it would be nice to see them prevail.

16. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    I'm rooting for a strike and lockout so I can turn on my T.V. without having shows I watch preempted by overpaid street thugs playing a game invented to wear out children in P.E. so they would pay more attention to their teachers.

JMO

17. Houston Rockets fan since birth. This game is gonna give me a heart attack...

18. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

The Refs.

They've really stepped up their game this year and are in the spot light almost as much as the "talent". They may not make as big a splash as I'd like in the playoffs this year, but next year they will DOMINATE the headlines! :whistle:

BioDriver likes this.
  19. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm hopeful the Rockets will get their heads out of their collective posteriors and at least make it to the semi-finals. If not, well, I'm going to be very grateful I have an unopened bottle of MacAllan 12 in my liquor cabinet.

But not really.

As long as the Spurs don't win, then it's time to let my Scottish heritage out.

20. paste

paste

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    IMO refs should be PUBLICLY fined/punished for blatantly bad calls; just like any other player/coach/GM, etc. in the league. Instead, we get a sissy sorry note from the NBA about the said bad call after the game, as if that is going to change anything. How refs like Joey Crawford is still in the league is beyond me.

Funky Ghost likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021