who's bassin' for janes?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Adam C.T., May 29, 2003.

1. dose anyone know who is playing bass for the newly re-reformed jane's addiction? is it flea? or could it be the original bassist, eric avery(which i doubt sence he opted not to rejoin in '97) :confused:
  2. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    This month's Bass Player magazine says Chris Chaney...

3. Yes, it's Chris Chaney. His work on "Strays" sounds good.
  4. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    YUP...Its the Vice President Chaney..
  5. I remember him and Taylor Hawkins (now "Foo Fighters") being a very good rhythm section in Alanis Morissette's first live band which really rocked :)
  6. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    No doubt!
    I really like him..

Also, any self respecting Janes fan needs to sign up for this tabloid.

So I had the opportunity to get free tickets to the taping of Janes playing the NBC Carson Daly show tonight, because I was on their list. Unfortunately I don't live in New York.

Check it out!
  7. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003

They didn't play that song when they came through here last November.
    (The new single)
    They also covered "Should I stay or should I go" by The Clash. (Is that the name of the song?)
  8. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I think when Gary Novak(of Chick Corea's Elektric Band II) took over the cans in Morisette's band...things with Chaney went up a few notches.
    I think Chaney even mentions how much Novak 'schooled' him in May's Bass Player.
  9. ...But Taylor Hawkins is more fun to watch when playing than Gary Novak, in my opinion ;)

And @ Suburban_punk: Yup, that's the name of The Clash's song :)
  10. Suburban_punk

May 13, 2003
    Thanks for pointing me here BTW!
    Dude, I've listened to the song probably 7 or eight times already.

11. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

As I remodel an old house the radio is on. "New Music" they play. With every song having a singer that sounds like Eddie Vedder, RHCP's, Incubus, or CREED, I could instantly pick out Jane's Addiction when they played on the radio.

They are not my favorite, but they have style, and their songs and musicianship don't sound like anybody else's. So they're cool. :bassist: