Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Whos better

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by John-Paul666, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Im not sure if this is breaking the rules, and i dont mean to slag anyone off. But which established/famous bassists do you think you are better than:bag:

2. I don't wanna say I'm 'better' than anyone. I haven't thought that since I had only been playing for a little while and I would look at bassists that really do suck. Then I realized that most people that play bass around me could kick my ass up and down a stage as far as playing goes (like my brother...). All that I can say, is there are bassists that I can play just about all they do because they don't attempt to make it complicated. They feel thats all the song needs. Lots of what Eric Judy from Modest Mouse does, I can do. But that dosent mean I am better than him, he just feels that some of his bass lines need to be really simple or not that difficult. I can do almost everything Rodger Waters does in his music, Pink Floyd and otherwise, but that dosen't mean I'm better than him. Hes a genious, that felt that what he did on those songs is all that was nessicary, and thats true.