1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Who's going to see Hadrien Feraud/John McLaughlin?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Peter Parker, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Who's going to check them out in Raleigh, NC on Sept 13? I'm looking forward and hope to get to hang out with the guys a bit.

2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i aint in n.c. but i bought my tickets to see them on the 20th here in cali. really looking forward to it.:bassist:

3. notdavey

notdavey

Nov 2, 2006
    Seattle WA
    SO pissed there's nothing close enough for me (in Seattle)....

4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Waaaaaahhh!!! Seattle gets everything. The south gets nothing like Seattle. Now and then Atlanta gets something good, but that's it. So let us rednecks have our time in the sun ;)

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    It's a show I'd love to see! Coincidentally, I'm just unwrapping John McLaughlin's "Live at the Royal Festival Hall" album. Kai Eckhardt on bass and Trilok Gurtu on percussion, should be an amazing record!

6. VJP

VJP

Jun 25, 2001
    NJ
    I've got two tickets the the Sept. 30 Philadelphia show that I can't use. If anyone is interested, please pm me.

Thanks

7. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    That is an incredible recording. One of the best trio's I've ever heard.

8. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    It is incredible! Everything just seems so "there"! And for once I am really enjoying Kai, whereas on every other recording of his I have he always comes off as an "almost man". The version of Florianapolis is incredible, nearly as good as the original from the "Adventures in Radioland" album! And that is to say nothing of the sound quality of the recording!

9. I'll be at the Montreal show on october 3rd, already got my tickets, front row. Should be awesome. :D

10. war_n_peace

war_n_peace

Aug 9, 2006
    USA
    There are some videos from that tour on youtube as well.

Kai is playing a double neck 5 string bass (fretted and fretless)

11. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Yeah, I actually have a bootleg DVD of that trio. It was a muilt-camera shoot for I believe a TV show. The sound and picture quality are great. The palying is even better

12. Rickenbrad

Rickenbrad

Aug 13, 2007
    Washington DCm Sept 28, and how would you hang out with them?

13. papillon

papillon

Aug 27, 2007
    I'm looking forward to your reviews, guys!!

For more infos about Hadrien visit my myspace!

I'm running a fan blog about him and it would be great to post your impressions and pictures on the blog afterwards...

Thanks a lot in advance!! ;)

Kerstin
    xxx