Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who's going to Winter NAMM '05?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Craig Garfinkel, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    It doesn't look like anyone's started one of these yet so...who'll be there? Any pre-NAMM info you may be privvy to that you can share?

I'll be there, but not all there. In fact, 30% less of me will be there than was there last year. :D

I've lost a lot of weight. :smug:

2. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    There was a thread in Off Topic about a month ago about NAMM. I have my pass and my hotel reservation. I definitely am pumped up about going.

3. Stephen Soto

Stephen Soto

Oct 12, 2003
    Haha, wow, RIGHT before I read this thread I was going to make one. I'm going, i'll make one in OT actually...

4. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I'll most likely be there :)

5. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    My electric teacher [Scott Pazera] will be there. No lesson for 4wks vs. 2, but definately worth it. I am excited to hear about the gear along with pics on here [HINT HINT-take pics pleeeaaassseee] . I feel remarkably giddy for me just due to the thought of seeing NAMM pics. See what TB has done to me over the past 4 years? :help: :bassist:

6. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Think I'm going, my friend from necksocks is hooking me up with a pass.

7. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    I'm going. Should be a great time, hope to meet some of you there.

8. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I'll be there all four days, though on Thursday and Friday it might only be from late afternoon on (someone has to do the tech support stuff--me).

Steve Lawson will be there, too.

9. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    As Bob says, I'll be there (thanks to Bob! :) ) - I really look forward to NAMM, it's a great chance to get together with people I don't see for the rest of the year, and to check out some new toys... I'll be around the Modulus and AccuGroove booths.

I'm also doing a masterclass in San Jose on Saturday 29th - click here for the thread about it

see y'all there!

Steve
    www.stevelawson.net

10. Glenn D.

Glenn D.

Aug 20, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO
    I'll be there, with 25db earplugs (I spend most of my time in the drum room).

Glenn D.

11. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    I'll be there. Look for me at either the Visual Sound booth or the Bee Basses booth.

Maybe we need to schedule a TB hang somewhere.

12. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Scott is the sh**. A really nice guy, great player and teacher. He is the real deal. If anyone is in the Chicago area, you owe it to yourself to check this guy out!

I'll be there at the EA and MTD booths. I saw Mike's NAMM basses last week and they are truly like NOTHING you have ever seen before.

Mike

13. I whole-heartedly agree. Scott is a great player and an even better person. Very approachable and genuine.

Can't wait to bug him about NAMM when he returns. :D

14. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Hey Mike, I'm sure at least you and Bernie will understand this comment. Generally-after the lessons with Scott-i'm actually excited to practice and leave knowin that even though i still have a long way to go, the possibilities are endless. [easiest example-Donna Lee, i've hit a plateau where there's a few bars that need more polishing than the rest of it] Definately has chops and is a great teacher. Before this school year, i honestly don't think i would have been able to handle lessons from him.

15. I'm making the trip (from New Zealand!). Staying at the Coast Anaheim. It's a business trip for me as I work for an importer/wholesaler here.