Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who's got a repair shop? Builders?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by rojo412, Dec 26, 2002.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    I have a question for anyone here who own a shop that does repairs, builds custom guitars, or has a retail store that deals with Allparts...

How do you set up an account with them? Do they have minimums? Maximums? Are they cool people? How serious do you have to be to become a "Dealer"?

Are there other companies that deal in the same matter with retail, repair and builders? What are they?

2. I build and do repairs. As for the shop, I just sold a house and some of the proceeds are going into a new dedicated building for my passion. By spring I should have a pretty cool place.

As for AllParts - they will require proof of business. This is usually a copy of your business license stating the type of business you are in. I think you can also submit a sales tax exemption certificate from your statehouse. I suppose there are other forms of proof but that's all I've ever heard about them needing.