Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who's Got a Wayne Jones???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, May 15, 2002.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    anyone using these 2x10's? Tone all that and two bags o' chips? at 74 lbs.(34 kg.) seems pretty heavy for a 2x10.

[​IMG]

2. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    The price seems pretty heavy for a 210 as well.

3. I hear it's awesome, But I would like to hear from someone that uses that cab.

4. Yeah I've got three of them, And the sound is wonderful, I use all the variations for different gigs, and for me it is easier to lift them individually than it was to load my Edens by myself.

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    woah,

i didnt know Bill Gates could funk out on bass... ;)

seriously, that's one pricey rig you gots there. how does the tone of the Jonesy compare to other cabs? Epi, Aggie, Bergie, EA-ey (had to rhyme, right? :D)...

6. I've had mine for a few months now and I love it.
    I feed it 800W and it just eats it all up and wants
    more. Every note on my 6 string is very evenly
    reproduced. The C string sounds very sweet when
    I play funk. I recently had the chance to use the
    cab with a QSC PLX 2402. I used bridge mode
    1500W with clip and 50Hz limiters on.
    Unbelievable. The D note on the 5th fret, A string
    was like a solid fist to the face. This cab does
    everything that Wayne says that it can do and
    more. It is worth every cent that I paid - $2540
    AUD plus shipping. Can't wait to get another one.

7. ganttbos

ganttbos The Professor Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2001
    New Orleans area
    Ditto what Paz says about one cab! I have two WJ's - use one with an Avalon U5 and a 2402 for gigs all the time - two cabs will forever alter your reproductive potential :D - I can't even imagine 3 (or 6 like Wayne sometimes uses!!) I'm too tired this morning to work up a proper rave about the WJ's - try a search for past threads. There are a couple. Joker, I remember you were in on a few of them. These are just incredible cabs!
    Gantt

8. Classic5

Classic5

Mar 31, 2002
    Australia
    I'm also in the market for a new rig and will be trying out the Wayne Jones cabinet tomorrow. I live in Melbourne and am lucky enough to live about 15 minutes from Mr Jones himself. He was kind enough to invite me over to try some gear so I'll let you guys know how it goes. Going with these speakers will however mean buying a pre amp / power amp set up aswell. What the hec, you only live once.

It's quite amazing because I only found out about these speakers through these talkbass forums.

9. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    asia/australia
    I have one of the WJ , going to get another one soon , not to make it louder [ because 1 is loud enough] but to make it deeper and fatter.
    Much better than Acme in many ways, louder , finer , can really handle from very low to very high evenly[ Acme tend to be too dark and fart].
    I hook it up with either Demeter VTBP 201 or Aggie DB 680 with QSC 3402. Play with Sadowskies, tone to die for:D

10. Classic5

Classic5

Mar 31, 2002
    Australia
    We'll I tried them out yesterday and I've got to say that they're absolutely awsome. These speakers were definetely designed for som serious bass playing. Basically the review in Bass Player magazine is pretty much spot on. You can check it out on Waynes web site:
    http://www.waynejonesamplification.com.au
    Yes they do cost more than most other bass cabinets but they really are well worth it. The US cost in particular is a bargain for a cabinet of this quality. I'm extremely envious of you guys that have already added them to your rigs. We'll, I'm off to try and sell some of my old gear.:D

11. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    What is the U.S. cost?

12. Classic5

Classic5

Mar 31, 2002
    Australia
    Pre EB, the US cost shown in the web site is UD$1,250. Why I think this is a bargain is because here in Australia where they are made, they cost A$2,250 direct from Wayne. Converted at the current exchange rate of A$1 = US$0.55 this converts to USD1,237. So basically there's no added freight cost, duty charges or middle man costs on the price that you guys are getting. I'd hate to think what the recommended retail price of a cab like this would be if sold through a store.

Hope this helps.