Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who's got Halo 2?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by reasonbass, Nov 9, 2004.

1. We'll not me but im waiting for Fed ex to deliver my copy...cause I'm too lazy to wait in line. can't wait!! Ill check back when I get it.

2. I'm just praying they still have my collector's edition on hold at GS when I get off from work. I know sometimes when the demand is high enough some stores will start selling the reserved copies.

3. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    I'm three hours in and all I can say is

HOT DAMN

As someone who won all but one of the original ten levels on legendary playing solo, I can say that the sequel is:

1. Challenging
    2. Amazing
    3. Compelling
    4. The Shizzle and a Half

4. What are you playing it on (difficulty setting). Im pretty sure I'll start tonight with heroic or legendary if I get a co-op game going.
    :hyper:

5. My bonus edition won't be into the store till Friday, so I have to wait.:mad:

The original is still the best game ever devised. I Am now playing all levels on Legendary, which kinda sucks cause the Elite soldiers take at least a full clip form the MA5B to go down, and that's a whole huge waste of ammo.

Rock on
    Eric

6. Vox Populi

Vox Populi Reggae Loving Honkey

Jan 27, 2004
    Poulsbo, WA
    I never understood the attraction of Halo. It's the same as every other shooter. The only upside I found was that it was really easy.

I know I'm a heretic, but I'm waiting dilligently for Half-Life 2, now that's a sequel.

7. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Ditto. Halo is a fun game, but much like all the other FPS games out there. HL2 is getting my cash this month.

8. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

Halo is very overrated...

007 Goldeneye for n64 is the BEST shooting game ever.

Sequel wise, I'm waiting for more Wolfenstien games.

9. Flanders

Flanders

Oct 30, 2002
    Reno, NV
    I'm staying at a friends house (on the couch, long story) They went out and got it last night and played that freekin' game all the way up until I left for work. Probably still at it. PC Gaming is where it's at.

I'm tired:(

10. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    I can respect your views, I don't feel like my favorite game has to be everyone else's favorite, too. But like most great works of art, the genius of the original Halo is in the details. The art, the controls, the physics engine...the whole package is so well constructed, so deftly integrated into a single whole, I feel it will stand the test of time as one of the greats.

Like XBN said, Halo 2 is a refinement of the original--an evolutionary step versus a revolutionary one. It will be a blast and the chance to go online via Xbox Live is something we've all been waiting for. Which brings me to my next point...

Who's up for establishing a Talkbass clan?

11. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    I'm running through it at the normal setting. Know this--now that you've got twice the fire power, it's NOT twice as easy to kill your enemies. IMHO, they're tougher.

Plus, the first time through, I have a bit of the "Sunday driver" mentality....I want to savor the overall gameplay experience, not spend six hours making my way down the hall one immortal grunt at a time. Once I've won it the first time, then I go back at the harder levels--increases the replay value, for me at least.

12. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    i used to play halo a lot when it first came out. i have to say that ive had more fun playing that game than any other game ever. my old roomate and i played online way before xboxlive and all that came out. that is the real fun part of the game for me, huge multiplayer battles. after a while none of the monsters on legendary are chalenging at all, you need to play other people. unfortunatly we never had a fast enough upload speed with our dsl to host any games.

i havent played the game in over a year at least. i dont have an xbox anymore so i need to buy one to get in on the action. i do have a ps2 and i cant wait to play Gran Turismo 4.

~John

13. I just don't want to run through it in ten hours like some of the reviews are suggesting. If it's like the original Halos heroic mode or a little harder that sounds just about right to me. I'm sure my fiance will force her way in and make me play co-op :rolleyes: , which is cool and all but I like to go through it myself the first time.

14. dave_clark69

dave_clark69 Guest

Jan 17, 2003
    I have liked this game. It doesnt seem to live up to its expectations. A good shooter is goldeneye. It doesnt need to have amazing graphics. Just real good multiplayer games.

15. Exactly, the beauty is in the details; the universe that is created and the story that's told, the npc interactions, cortana being an amazing charater, extremely influencial mechanisms like the energy shield, 2 weapon limit, superb AI, and vehicles all are important parts of why it's so great, but it's hard to explain to someone who won't give it a real chance, because like you said it's art and can't fully quatified. I say this as a person who runs an x800 pro and 2.6C@3.4, and has played all the new games like Farcry and Doom3, etc. I find Halo much better than either of those games.

I'd be interested in a clan but I might not have Xbl reactivated till next week. I'll pm you my gamer tag when I do.

16. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    definitely. Mine's DarklingSpark

It's stupid, but Xbox made me pick one and this was better than SnotPus or whatever the other choices were!

17. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    I'm up for a TB clan, although I probably won't have Halo 2 for another week or so.

My Xbox Live ID is Alexander Only

18. I haven't picked it up yet (a little low on the cash) but I am ALL for a TB clan. My gamer tag will be the same one I use for Splinter Cell - "TehSuck"

I should have it within the week.

19. Head Creep

Head Creep

Nov 6, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Argh, all day today people at school were talking about how they stood in line last night and bought Halo 2. I'm shelling out too much money right now though, so I'm hoping that Santa somehow survives the rush and gets me a copy...
    I've never had as much fun playing any game as I have while playing Goldeneye. If they remade that game for Xbox, with Xbox Live support, I would be so unbelievably happy it'd be funny.

20. A few questions I have for those who have already played it:

Can you transfer weapons/ammo/expolsives from one character to another?

Are there really "combo moves" like I have heard rumors too?

Did they make sure that the other Marines can drive the Warthog/Scorpion?

Rock on
    Eric