Whos got line6 effects.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Sep 1, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    This doesn't include the pod i'm only interested in the stopboxes and the rackmounts.

What do you think of them?

Any problems with them at all?

Why did you buy it did it replace any of your other pedal?

Thanks in advance
  2. I am using a Line 6 MM Modulation Modeler as my only effect. I love the chorus, flangers and phasers. I only use it occasionally live, mostly a toy for the house.

Its been reliable and sounds great.
  3. How does the rotary horn and drum sound like (based on leslie pedal) ?

I never had the chance to try one. Does it work on bass ?
  4. its not bad, to really love it you have to have an expression controller connected to it.
  5. I use the delay mod and I plan on adding a modulation mod later. They make great modulation effects at the end of the effects signal and it keeps you from having a ton of digital stompboxes on the floor, the effects give you plenty of sound and control. But the filters and distortions are a bit unrealistic and cold.
  6. jpwinters

jpwinters Guest

Aug 22, 2002
    Norfolk, Va
    I've got the Filter Pro. I love it.
    Alot of different possibilities. I can make my bass sound like a string section or an old moog synth. I got a pipe organ sound out of it. It has a mix control so the synth sound comes out with the original bass sound, or you can mix out either one. I'm now experimenting with the different controls to uncover different sounds. It's real easy to use.
  7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    True bypass is also a very nice feature!!!
  8. I use the DL4 (delay) and it's my only effect with my EBS multidrive.
    The DL4 is really good. I love the Delay+Mod effect, and I also use it as Chorus/Flanger only effect from time to time. And I got a really good chorus effect!
    It's also very nice to create "Sci-Fi" effect, tweeking the buttons and the pedal ...
    I had bought it for the loop function first, but now I have an Electrix Repeater, so I only use it for Delay and Chorus.
  9. Hey Gallient Knight, I have another question for you regarding the MM.

How's the panner sound like, do you use it ?
    I'm looking for a cool stereo effect for my 2 stacks.
  10. I haven't messed with it much because most of the time my rig is mono, I will try it out and get back to you
  11. Thanks in advance, man.
  12. Well I rigged for stereo. Pluged in the MM and set up for panning. It was Awesome! everything from a drifting wave to an intense ping pong effect. with a wide stereo spectrum you could make people dizzy. There is one adjustment that to me sounds like it controls how hard the sound hits the "wall" before it bounces to the other "wall" speed and depth both do their normal things.

Makes me wonder if I have been playing in mono for too long?
  13. Thanks Gallient Knight. Sounds awesome.
    But I think it's too much money for just using the panner. I'm not very fond of flangers, phasers and chorusses.

I use only a clean sound and a distortion sound, so I don't need stereo. But since I have a second stack for more volume, I'm looking for something cool stereo to improve my sound.

Perhaps the delay modeller would be better for me.
  14. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    I've got a DL-4 delay modeller.

I normally leave it in the looping mode for practising or building up 'soundscapes'. I might colour the sound a little with a little bit of delay and the chorusy effects of Tweek and Tweez in that setting.

I make reasonably frequent use of live loops when playing at church, where I take a prominent role in the music group - this is easier the fewer other people are playing at the same time. Based on a recording I made recently, I don't think it's so much that my timing is bad as that some of the other musicians wander about a bit and the poor DL-4 can't adapt. Perhaps they should put ears on the next one :D

I also play in a couple of bands (one doing rock, one doing urban soul / RnB); I haven't yet found much use for it there so often leave it out of the bag (it's pretty weighty). Maybe when we start doing more gigs and I get a solo spot or two...

I had a bit of a worry with it earlier this week. I use a switchable power supply (not the official, EXPENSIVE, Line 6 one) and this has been fine. However, this week I noticed the pedal seemed to have died... on closer inspection, I was sending it 12V DC instead of 9V DC. Back to 9V and it was still dead. :eek:

My solution was to unplug the power supply and pop in the batteries. I was mightily relieved that it worked again (and even more so when I plugged the power supply back in and everything was happy again)... Needless to say, I'll be looking at locking the switch in position or getting a new power supply ;)

However, that means I'm very happy to give their reliability a ringing endorsement (since it was my mistake and it seems to have recovered).

The only thing I regret is that you can either use the looping section OR all the groovy effects like Reverse and Ping Pong. So, if there's one thing that's better than one DL-4, it's got to be two DL-4s :p

15. pudgefactor

Mar 28, 2002
    I have the DL4 and love it. It's very easy to use, even live. Bought it for the delay effects and the
    looper, but now, thanks to this post, I use it as a chorus pedal! Thanks guys.

The chorus effect sounds very nice. Not much versatility to it, but it's exactly what I was looking for.
  16. ... what about the DM4? I'm looking for that one, and like to hear some reactions about this...