1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who's got the best after holiday deals on cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by catcauphonic, Dec 24, 2016.

1. catcauphonic

catcauphonic High Freak of the Low Frequencies Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Used is fine too. The caveat being I'm looking for 0% financing for a time.

After all this tra-la-la-la-la busyness settles down, I'm going to self-Santa upgrade my bedroom setup with a decent used 2x10 to go under my Shuttle 6.2.

Any suggests? I'm not currently signed up with any of the online or brick & mortar retailers to receive their flyers and coupons. If this is something i should do to knock some coin off the total, I'm willing.

Thoughts?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
  2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    You're looking to finance a used cab?

3. catcauphonic

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Doesn't have to be used, but I'd look there first. Either way, if it's a few hundred I'd like to just do 6+ payments of 50 if i could find something like that. Edit: editing the title

4. basscooker

basscooker Commercial User

Apr 11, 2010
    cincy ky
    Owner, ChopShopAmps
    Don't pull the trigger immediately on used whatever.. Give people time to figure out their Xmas present isn't for them. You could score some nice deals on practically new stock.

catcauphonic likes this.
  5. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Decent used 2x10 - best bet is to borrow and check classified here. Tough to find decent financing on used gear.

6. catcauphonic

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    That would likely be the best way to fly. I could probably save up the scratch in just a few months, provided no emergencies arise in the meantime. Id just rather not wait on this one.

I'm already re-thinking 2×10 vs 12, as something like THIS seems like it would pair perfectly with the 600w/4ohm Shuttle > SOLD - Genz Benz Neo X 212 brand new drivers

S-Bigbottom and alaskaleftybass like this.
  7. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Sometimes MF, GC, and Sweetwater have great "scratch and dent" deals after Christmas and at that time you could apply for one of their cards. Make sure they don't hit you hard with APR...
    Also, might want to look at some 112 cabs. They are getting more popular, powerful, with good price points. The new 112's are beginning to give the 210's a run for their money.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

catcauphonic likes this.
  8. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Sweetwater has 48 months 0% interest on GK and Peavey. Won't beat that.

catcauphonic likes this.
  9. For Christmas, I picked up a pristine condition Trace Elliot 1524 2x15 cab, with working (not blown) speakers, for $200. I'll continue to gig with my beat up 1524 that has a pair of Eminence 3015's in it, but down the road, I'll be swapping speakers.

catcauphonic likes this.
  10. catcauphonic

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Nice score! Was that in a local or online store, or from an individual?

11. pcake

pcake Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2011
    Los Angeleez
    i believe that most of the cards i've read for music stores only give 0% financing on items that are full priced. i know our sam ash card does that, and sweetwater's card is via the same finance company. i don't believe you can buy used with the sam ash card. that being said, they offer 3 years no interest, which is pretty good stuff.

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  12. bebass

bebass Sho Me Music Commercial User

Sep 3, 2006
    Bolivar, Missouri
    ShoMeMusic.com; Authorized dealer for Bergantino, Dingwall, Darkglass, Genzler, Phil Jones Bass, Quilter, Blackstar, Cort, Traynor, and other
    If you are thinking used, I would suggest you save up your money so when you find something you can make a cash offer - that will always be your best bet for a deal.

13. ^ Do that. Start stuffing cash into your mattress or a box and eventually you will get there interest free.
    This is what I do, all my gear purchases are paid for with stacks of ones, fives, and an occasional twenty bill. If the seller looks at you crazy when you pull out that load of small bills just tell them you are a stripper that had a good night, so you are treating yourself. :cool:

catcauphonic likes this.
  14. I drove 100 miles out of my way to pick it up, but in Southern California, that's considered local. The seller is now interested in purchasing a GP12 SMX combo that I have sitting around.

15. catcauphonic

Mar 30, 2012
    Seattle WA
    Soooo, I've got a situational follow up question:

I found the exact cab that i think will be a perfect match right here on TB. Seller has 100% perfect feedback on near 200 transactions. However, if i snooze I'm gonna lose, and i don't have the full amount of coin just yet. I'm thinking of seeing if he'll take a deposit of near half the co$t, and let me make one or two more payments (to full price) before he ships it out.

My question is how should we go about wording some sort of very simple contract that will protect both of us?