1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who's heard of this guy?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AdlerAugen, Jun 27, 2007.

1. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    Michael Buble. I was watching VH1 the other night (an oddity in itself) and I saw his music video for 'everything' and wow...He's great and I love that style.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=41328900

I mean seriously wow...he has so much more than most vocalists i've heard from other genres, he brings dynamic expression and phrasing to the table, and makes it obvious. His technical ability is quite good (at least compared to most of what I've heard).

2. You kidding? Who hasn't?

3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Inactive

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Oh dear. Simply awful!

4. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    well i hadn't 'til the other night...and i read he's canadian or somethin...and I'm american...sooooo might explain it or just that i'm always the last one to be updated on pop culture and by that time it's 10 years obsolete.

5. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Music to watch paint dry by.

6. Not really my style. 'It has to have a rockin' beat, if its gonna sweep me off my feet.'

7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Double Bass involved...methinks! Not BG! :p

8. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    hey nothin wrong with listening to the DB right? it's still cool...

9. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Inactive

Jun 30, 2003
    Upstate NY
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    One of the most vapid and uninspiring of the neo crooners IMO.

10. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Get out of my head:D. Almost word for word what I was thinking.

Nah, actually I was thinking how smooooth he is. Like Perry Como in a Co-ma.
    :oops:

Warning: Do not listen while operating machinery or driving a car. Side effects may include nausea, swelling and anal leakage (wait, that one's on the potato chips).

11. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

They play his songs all the time on Q92.9FM. But I don't really like that radio station.

12. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Actually, I was just watching some of his stuff the other day looking for a really nice version of "You Don't Know Me." His version is actually great. He's not my favorite singer in that crooner-esque genre, but he's not half bad either. Just not real moving or emotion driven. I'd much rather hear one of the rat pack sing those tunes than anyone else.

His original stuff though I really don't care for at all :spit:

13. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    **badum crash**

:D

14. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    For those who don't know, his name is pronounced Boo-blay.

I see him appealing to the blue haired old broads.

Elevator music.

15. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I believe that title should go to Jamie Cullum, personally.

Buble isn't news, man. Ask any middle aged woman and they'll swoon.

16. Mrs.jpg

"Oooh, yes erm, Hellooo! Is that the Michael Bubblier concert ticket hotline?

Yes, I'd like two front row seats please. Yes, that's right, one for me and one for Mr. Tiddles.

Noooo deary, Mr. Tiddles is the name of my pussy cat. Oooohh yes, he loves Michael nearly as much as I do. He gets all excited when he hears that smooth voice. Yes, it's worse than cat-nip, it is.

Yes dear, I always like to sit in the front row and show off my lovely pussy.

Ooohh deary me!"

Etc.

17. AdlerAugen

AdlerAugen

Aug 9, 2006
    ROFL!!!!! hat's off to you sir, for that very strange joke...

18. vbsurfer3001

vbsurfer3001

Jul 25, 2005
    VB,VA
    He's quite a nice guy. He was "discovered" performing in a musical in one of the buildings I manage. WAAAAY off Broadway down here in Norfolk, Virginia. While I don't believe he's Dean Martin, I think he has a pretty respectable tone and good control.

19. ;) It's not actually as "random" as it seems.

The photograph depicts a character from a UK TV comedy program from the 1970s, called "Are You Being Served?"

The lady in question, Mrs. Slocombe, was famous for making remarks about her "pussy". In fact, the whole program was riddled with "political incorrectness" of mammoth proportions, managing to ridicule homosexuals and ethnic minorities alike.

It was, in fact, utterly brilliant :D !

:rollno:

Check it out .....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/articles/a/areyoubeingserve_7770355.shtml

20. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Inactive

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    +1 I can't stand that station they play the same crappy songs over and over!

Chom is the best over here.:cool:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021