Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who's in San Antonio?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm going to be in San Antonio the first weekend in October. Anybody got a gig there? I go to these things twice a year all over the U.S.(Geotechnical/Environmental Engineering conference) and try to meet up with non-axe-murdering TBers. My standing deal is: I won't kill you, and you don't kill me. Who's out there?

In April, it's the Bahamas. Yeeee HAW!

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I'm there, check with me later to see if I'm gigging... I'm always up for a beer, though!

3. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    OK. I like Sierra Mist.

4. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I got a Sierra Mist baseball cap.....in camo

Thought it was a lemon/lime soft drink.

5. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    Man, I want to tell you. Sierra Mist is the best lemon-lime beverage out there. Sprite? Sucks. 7-UP? Blows and blows. I'm so glad they created Sierra Mist.

What's really weird, is when I'm at Taco Bell or KFC, they ask me what I want. If I say, "Sprite," They say, "Is Sierra Mist OK?" Now, if I say, "Sierra Mist," they say, "Huh?" Same thing at other fine restaurants. What the hell's that about? Some corellary to Murphy's law?

7. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I think they call it Sundrop in the Eastern US

8. I still haven't seen it in the N.Y. area, but, now you two got me interested.

Shh, don't tell anyone, but, I love soda. ;)

Mike J.

9. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Nah, they're two different beverages. You can get them both in Wisconsin. Sundrop is more akin to Mountain Dew.

10. Munjibunga

May 6, 2000
    OK Pacman, I'm coming. What're the haps? I'll be there Thursday through Sunday.

11. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Thursday night you'll want to check out Carmen's. A little tiny place dedicated to live jazz. No frills, just people actually listening to great music.

Friday and Saturday, downtown is cool. Swig is a good joint. There's a restaraunt on Nacodoces (north of Alamo Heights) called Massimo's. Call and see if Beverly Huston is playing - if she is, she's got a bass player named Pete Ojeda who is awesome!

My luck, my wife is out of town - I'm single dadding it and I leave town Sunday. Sorry, man.