Who's playing NYE?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by bassbully, Dec 28, 2015.

1. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    I'll be playing NYE, it's a road trip of 125 miles out to Pt. Angeles Wa., it should be a really fun show, our first with a new guitarist. It's at a nice venue with a great FOH and sound man - Pretty excited!

BassCliff and bassbully like this.
  2. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    No NYE gig for me. I played a lot of them in years past but these days I prefer staying off the crazy streets, hanging out with the wife and next door neighbors and doing all the intoxicants I want without worrying about driving.

Although BassCliff's Cars Land gig DOES sound pretty cool. That's a really neat place, especially at night. D'land/CA Adventure are great places to be NYE.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
    BassCliff likes this.
  3. delta7fred

delta7fred

Jul 3, 2007
    England
    I can completely understand this.

I did spend 4 days over Christmas with my family (my 3 kids and their other halves) and while it was great to see them all it is also nice to get back to normality.

4. coop

coop

Jun 22, 2002
    Oklahoma
    ..... and just like that, we (and the electricity) are back on again ! My wife has come to accept that NYE is just one holiday we don't spend together, or she gets to go to a club and watch me play. We're still going strong after 32 years of marriage, so it really must not be much of an issue to her.

If you are playing, have a great show and be careful out there !

hrodbert696 likes this.
  5. Yep, they actually liked us and stayed past 10:00 last year, so we're back this year, bigger than ever. DSCN3916.JPG

hrodbert696, BassCliff and dbase like this.
  6. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I'm playing a dinner-dance at a local historical building. My favorite part is that's it's so close, I don't even have to get on the freeway!

BassCliff likes this.
  7. delta7fred

delta7fred

Jul 3, 2007
    England
    Mine's a 2 hour drive, but for the money it is worth it!

8. Our regular pub gig for twice the money. Not far, good crowd, and it ain't raining.

BassCliff likes this.
  9. grinx

grinx

Mar 24, 2003
    Raleighwood, NC
    I'm scared. we are playing some bar with ZERO web presence that showcases both kinds of music and we don't play both kinds of music. I will, however, remember to bring a pencil, a blank check and let the boys know that Rawhide is in Am.

/gulp

BassCliff and McG like this.
  10. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    I'm out tonight with neighbors to a local restaurant and some dancing to a DJ... then home which is 1 mile from my house.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR to all you TB'rs

hrodbert696, BassCliff and McG like this.
  11. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    As long as they have chicken wire I think you'll be ok!
    maxresdefault.jpg

grinx and BassCliff like this.
  12. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    East Bay, N. Ca.
    I am. A country club gig in Rio Vista.....about an hour drive, some of it along a winding levee road. Not looking forward to being way out there driving on it after midnight.

BassCliff likes this.
  13. Killed_by_Death

Killed_by_Death Snaggletooth Inactive

Motley Crue is playing Vegas, for their farewell show.

14. delta7fred

delta7fred

Jul 3, 2007
    England
    Just got back from my NYE gig, 160 mile round trip of just under 2 hours each way, easy driving especially the return journey as I had the roads almost to myself.

I thought I would be completely whacked but am feeling full of beans, must be the adrenalin. It was a good gig and there was also a disco so we didn't have to play endless encores like we did last time we played there.

Happy New Year to all on TB and hope all you guys with NYE gigs are as good ad mine was..

McG, TedH and BassCliff like this.
  15. Rudreax

Rudreax

Jun 14, 2008
    New York, NY
    Had a crazy awesome jazz gig overnight. We were supposed to do some "mellow" tunes and Christmas tunes but ended up getting pretty out there and loud (or whatever you'd call loud for a jazz trio), almost going into free jazz territory. We actually had a crowd for most of the night! but then everyone just left at around 1:30 to drink more. Booker loved it and we got paid the same.

16. I've played too many NYEs. Too many times spent watching other people have fun while I'm away from my loved ones...so I decided not to do any more about ten years ago.

McG likes this.
  17. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

From last night. Fun gig. Drummer on left. Singer on right.

[​IMG]

TedH, BassCliff, hrodbert696 and 2 others like this.
  18. dbase

dbase Gold Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2008
    South Jersey, USA..
    Nice 5 string ... sweet

DWBass and McG like this.
  19. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Nice MB200 too. I love mine :)

DWBass likes this.
  20. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

The MB200 into my Eden 212 rocks.

McG likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 29, 2021