Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Who's the bad ass female bassist?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by modulusbassist, Aug 20, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Who's your favorite bass ass female bassist? It doesn't have to be from technical points, maybe you like her attitude, charisma, or simply her looks with that sexy ass bass?

Just on top of my head, my favourite is of course M'shelle Ngedeocello and that girl bassist that I saw play with Moby at a concert, she kicks ass!!!

Your opinion? S'il vous plait?

2. It's Bad Ass female bassist not Bass Ass, sorry

3. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Bass ass? Is that where you put the battery?

4. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

My "bad ass" flavor of the month is Bianca Butthole of Betty Blowtorch. According to their bio, "...These girls will fix your car then hump you on top of it...." (and she likes SVT's) -

[​IMG]

5. If that is not a guy, God forgot some parts.

6. I know Betty Blowtorch, cool ass band,

7. I can name a few. BrokenAngel, Skate*~*chickie, CrasyCara, Biski2Dope..... I can't remember anymore. Edit: Oh Yeah! Jazzbo on weekends!

8. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Boy, now wait until BRUCE sees this...

I'll fix the topic title for you.

9. kasuals

kasuals

Jul 20, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    I would have to say Rayna from Coal Chamber. Her photo in the Ibanez 2001 catalog is cool.

10. I watched some of "David Bowie Live at the BEEB" the other night on BBC America and his bassist Gail Ann Dorsey was pretty impressive. She even switched to guitar for a song. She must have changed basses at least 10 times while I was watching the show.

11. purple_haze

purple_haze

Jun 29, 2001
    London Town
    Innuendos aside, I think Paz from A Perfect Circle is an excellent bass player.

12. CaracasBass

CaracasBass

Jun 16, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Melisa (Hole, Smashing Pumkins) and Paz from A Perfect Circle........ great players and beauties
    :D

13. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    Melissa Auf der Maur is dreamy...

[​IMG]

14. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
  15. Zoomboy, I saw her too on Bowie at the Beebs, she is cool ass bass player

16. God, how could I forget about about melissa, she's hot, and that bassist that used to be with smashing pumpkins, the blonde one, her name escapes me right no, she is hot

17. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Bianca's with Betty Blowtorch now? What happened to Butt Trumpet?

She and I talked lunchboxes (she's a collector, eh) for a good half hour after a BT show here in Arizona once. She's a hottie for sure, but my money still goes with Cissy from Alice Donut as the hottest chick bassist on the planet.

18. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

All I know is Trumpet took some time off, they decided that was over, and reformed with what they thought was a more "musical" line-up.

We needed someone to pick it up from L7 anyway.

19. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I'm with you, Mac!
    I think she's Canadian, too...she's gotta like hockey, eh?!

20. Tina Weymouth (Talking Heads)

D'arcy (Smashing Pumpkins)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.