Who's the Bassist of Lenny Kravitz?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by walkinglines30, Jan 17, 2004.

1. walkinglines30

Oct 30, 2003
    Who is he? I think he is really talented . I love the bass line for "always on the run" , american women and ,mr.cabdriver. Who is he? what basses does he use?
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Lenny plays pretty much all instruments himself on the albums IIRC.
  3. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Like JMX said it was Lenny himself, if I remeber right he play a vintage Jazz bass.
  4. walkinglines30

Oct 30, 2003
    whoa! Thats friggin awesome! He's really talented (lenny)
  5. I always thought Jack Daley did bass, but he must only do it live. oh well, he's pretty good too!
  6. papajune

Jan 5, 2005
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets, Ashdown Amplifiers
    I guess its better late than never to reply. A bassist named Tony Breit cut lennys first "good" albums, up untill 5 when Jack Daley joined in. Lenny does record mostly himself but i took over bass in a band for tony, post lenny days, and his reasoning for leaving was that lenny was re-cutting all of tony's bass lines after he layed them down, that combined with his desire to move back home to Vegas i think is what did him in. Both are really great and i think they deserve more credit, but such is the life of a bassist.
  7. steviecsg

Aug 16, 2002
    so was it lenny who played bass on "it aint over till it's over"?
  8. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    "Mama Said" is a great track.
  9. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    its kinda amazing on "are you gonna go my way" he can groove on a 2 note bassline.
  10. lenny plays the intruments on pretty much all his albums, especially baptism, been listening to that album heaps...he used a p-bass with flats...and jack daley uses a real old jazz, rosewood board with white binding and blocks, im thinking 70's...he used to use ampeg and now he's using ashdown.....

jack daley also played on joss stones albums and with a few others...mr daley is one of my favourite bassists...lenny was on a repeat of later with jools the other night playing mama said and by damn was that hot
  11. mattm0805

Oct 13, 2004
    Yea, Jack Daley is his live player and he is freakin bad!
  12. Megavega4

Aug 3, 2005
    Actually.. I worked as a tech for a band at Waterfront Studios, owned by Henry Hirsch, in Hoboken, NJ back in late '95, where Lenny did his first few albums. According to Henry, Lenny played an early 60's JAZZ Bass, with flat wound strings on it. And yes Stevie, that is him gorooving his butt of on "It Ain't Over Till It's Over." I just wished he wouldn't have ripped off EWF's "That's The Way Of The World" for the tune, but it's still a great song....