who's the guy making those 16x5 cabinets??????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassist31588, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002

Ironic because when I loaded the page, the ad that appeared up top was for the very site that you were looking for :)
  2. I saw tha add up there before but I kept thinking he was a PAUL JONES... heh. When I looked up there to see that ad it was a fender ad so i started a thread.
  3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I actually spent some time on Saturday afternoon, b-tween tune-sheds to read about his Pirannha-theory online. It is interesting and I vaguely remember seeing his booth at the Nash-vegas NAMM last summer (I think that it was in the off-to-the-side exhibitor's hall)... I think that this year I would need to try a j-bass through that 24b or the 16x5 stack.... only if they let me turn it up all the way!!! interested to hear what it is going to sound like.

The one thing that I hope he brings to NAMM (this summer) is that "bassman's Briefcase"... It is real hip, 2x5 rechargeable 100w combo.
  4. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    There was a thread recently that included some emails between a TBer and Phil Jones himself. Phil's coment on that Briefcase is that it's is purely a practice amp. All he wanted to do was design a small amp for personal practice that actually sounded nice, as opposed to the vast number of practice amps out ther that are just plain nasty. So don't expect it to be able to keep up with a drum kit - it wasn't designed that way.

Click HERE to read more.