1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who's the whitest band ever?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by soulgeezer, Jun 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Inactive

Jan 29, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Endorsing Artist: Red Zone Effects
    C'mon, you know what I mean. And, the fact that you know what I mean says a lot. But, just for fun, let's play...

Who's the whitest band ever?

White, in this case, equals "no soul, no funk, no groove, no pocket, no clue."

And, yes, bands consisting of races other than white can be nominated for "Whitest Band Ever"!

(Later on, we'll play "Blackest Band," though I think Sly and the Family Stone or Parliament/Funkadelic will probably win hands down!)

Personally, I can't decide between The Carpenters and Air Supply (REO Speedwagon is on the list, too, but they don't seem to rise to the same level as these two giants of lameness).

However, as The Carpenters actually had a couple of songs that didn't just lay there and suck dirt, I think, in the end, I'm going with...

Air Supply = Whitest Band Ever! ;) :p :D :D :D :D :D

(OK, let's see who the first person is to turn this into a "Racism is wrong! People of every race can groove! You're a racist, man! Why do you have to be so wrong?" thread. Any bets? :smug: )

2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Barenaked Ladies, hands-down.

3. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
  4. cuntrychurch.jpg

5. Manual_Combat

Manual_Combat

Jan 20, 2005
    weezer is pretty rediculously white.

6. What about Leo Sayer ? (If you're living outside of the UK or you're just very lucky ;) , you won't know this pint-sized performer from the '70s/'80s).

LeoSayer.jpg LeoSayer2.jpg

If I'm not wong, his mission in life to was to try and out-Michael Jackson, Michael Jackson :rollno: ! Suffice to say, his quest for disco supremecy ended in an embarassing string of micro-hits and an ever decreasing number of talk show appearances through the '80s.

Nowadays, he runs a small guest house in Penrith :scowl: .

7. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    With your interpretation of white, I'd say the Swedish band Hootenanny Singers, from the early 60's:

[​IMG]

Do you recognize the second guy from the left? He's probably a billionaire today. It's Björn Ulvaeus, one of the founders of Abba...

I had to think for quite a while to come up with something for this thread. Most punk and metal bands would IMO fit in this thread too. And Techno bands too like Scooter, DJ Bobo etc...

The first names that came up to me (with my immediate interpretation of "white") was bands like Creedence Clearwater Revival, ZZ Top and Lynyrd Skynyrd.... but with the OP's interpretation I wouldn't include them in this thread.

8. vanilla ice, bros, hanson, ahahahhahahahha hanson ahahaa

9. That's awesome, aigahussu

10. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Dave Clark 5 maybe? Or about a zillion other mid-60's pop bands

11. sex pistols had no funk, groove, clue or talent.

12. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    Yet we all know who they are.

I say it's gotta be Duran Duran.

13. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    aigahussu?

14. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Edgar Winters band.

I mean, he's a frickin ALBINO!

[​IMG]

15. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Not my favourite band, but John Taylor could funk it up a little when the mood took him.

16. D Von

D Von

Nov 13, 2005
    Rhode Island
    Cold Play, Dave Mathews Band, The Deftones, Weezer, most pussy alt. rock bands could be considered the 'whitest' band ever.

17. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York

Warrant
    Cinderella
    Motley Crue

18. The Offspring.

19. moogboy

moogboy Inactive

Mar 1, 2007
    Moog Artist in Rock/Pop 5th down
    hes Albino, but the man had da GROOVE, da Funk, and da MOJO.

20. wow, nobody made this thread racist yet...
    there goes my 10 bucks.

anyways, whitest band eh?...
    i'd say the offspring for now, but i'll come back with an even worse band
    mark my words:p

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.