Who's using LaBella Supersteps

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Jontom, Jun 23, 2002.

1. Jontom

Mar 11, 2002
    New York
    I know they don't work on all basses, but for the ones that they do work on they are excellent. I've been using them on my Warwicks for about 4 years and am quite impressed with their sound/life/playability...What do you think?
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I tried them once, my local dealer tried to fix me on with a free pack :D

I didn't like them at all. They didn't sound very bright, and got dull very fast. Plus, it wasn't the gauge I like.

I stick to my Pyrasounds, .035-.095 stainless steels.
  3. john b carvalho

john b carvalho Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2001
    I have been using Super Steps for about 8 years now on a majority of my basses (SS-45 & SS-42CB) with great results.The hold there tone and last a long time.I prefer to use taper cores and not many (if any) of the local music stores have on hand,so I just order them on-line.

4. bobcooper

Apr 22, 2004
    I've yet to try a string that works as well on my basses as Labella Super-Steps. I'm playing a Fender American Deluxe 5-string at the moment and the supersteps are the only string I've used that gave me the punch and low string action I'm looking for. I've got the fretboard almost completely flat and somehow the tapered string allows me to get really low with the action without too much buzz, etc. I had just tried a set of DR's (no taper) and somehow that huge amount of windings going over the strings just does something bad to the punch and Slinky feel of the string. I also use them on my 4-string American Hotrod P-bass. I recently sold an Ibanez SR1306PM 6-string and they worked very well on that bass too.
    -good luck
  5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    i use them... i like them quite a bit on jazz basses.
  6. Larzon

Jan 15, 2005
    I use them. They are great. I like the loose feeling of them, and the low B is crystal clear. It sounds perfect on my Warwick SSI5.
    Super Steps SS45B = 045, 065, 085, 105, 128.