Who's Watching Live 8???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Incubus, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Incubus

Mar 28, 2005
  2. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    MTV is so concerned with povery they air shows like MTV Cribs...........
  3. Sting's voice still sounds great (compare with Macca's...)

IMO Duff McKagan should wear his bass a bit higher and pick a bit closer to the bridge- to get a more solid tone instead of the 90% scratchy fretnoise tone he gets at the moment.
  4. I'm watching it right now. Maria Carey is currently on, and she is actually one of the best acts I've seen so far. She sings very very well live.
  5. muggsy

muggsy Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    MTV's coverage is unbelievably bad. I remember how they butchered Live Aid, but this is worse. In the past several hours, I've probably seen a total of five songs from beginning to end. We get snippets of a song here and there, but most of the coverage is MTV and VH1 on-air "talent" (and I use that term VERY loosely) talking about how great and wonderful and historic the show is. Every once in a while they'll mention how "you can probably hear such-and-such band in the background" but then they just keep talking! It's mind-boggling. My wife has relatives in Canada, and their TV coverage is apprently much better. Big surprise.

I did notice that Mariah Carey's bass player had a Bongo. :D
  6. The Who are on now.

who's (arf) on drums? since Zak Starkey's now with Oasis I wonder if it's their ex drummer Alan White?(it looks like him)

also a new bassist (ie. not Pino Palladino)
  7. Tv-coverage here in norway are great. They have been playing the international live-feed all day long. But right now I'm at my computer, watching it on internet wich also works great.

8. DUDE, pink floyd was awesome, a dream come true
  9. i've since found out they had STEVE White (Alan White's brother) and Damon Minchella (Ocean Colour scene), both of whom play for Paul Weller.

Pink Floyd were great. Comfortably numb was excellent with Roger Waters' 2nd vocal. I hope he sticks with them.
  10. mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    I didn't like the canaddain coverage we had to watch celion deon :spit:
  11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    +1, most of the times these kind of reunions turn out to be a disappointment, but PF's was amazing.
  12. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    My lord, I downloaded the AOL Pink Floyd performance, when Dave hit the artificial harmonic at the beginning of the end solo to Numb... I got a little misty eyed.
  13. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    PInk Floyd has not lost it.

AT ALL!!!
  14. LA

Oct 17, 2001
    I saw a bit of Elton John doing "Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting". His vocals sounded much more labored than the record :p but overall, still knows how to put on a show.
  15. nataku

Jun 21, 2004
    San Jose, CA