1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Who's your favorite late night show host

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by labgnat, Jun 28, 2007.

1. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    I myself am a huge conan o'brien fan. david letterman is alright, jay not so much. i'm bored out of my mind now and carson daly is on, but alice cooper is on so it's alright.

red tidal waves of hair rock my world

2. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Definately Conan. Nobody else does a better Ahnold skit.

3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I don't care for his skits and his interviews are hit and miss, but I think Craig Ferguson's monologues are pretty funny. I'd never seen his show before about two weeks ago but I've seen a couple since.

Overall I'd say either Conan or Letterman but I don't watch late night TV often enough to really be a good judge.

4. hmm, its a tossup between Conan and Leno

5. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    New York
    i dont think leno is funny at all, and is a terrible interviewer.

i love letterman and everythign about him...so dry and great when it comes to interviews.

conan is very funny but the show gets stale to me because it is so predictable and always the same thign over and over again.

i think craid ferguson is great and have recently watched him instead of conan when i watch tv that late....i really liek hwo he does about 15 minutes of real standup in every show as opposed to corny monologues.

6. Actually I kind of prefer the Daily Show and the Colbert Report.

7. ooh, i forgot about the daily show.

8. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    different beasts, but defintely great.

gotta love colbert

9. Well, besides the Daily Show and the Colbert Report (which I absolutely love, especially Colbert), Conan's my favorite. I do enjoy Letterman too, though, but sometimes he's a bit too slow for me.

10. im not a big fan of colbert to be honest. much less..... "classy" than stewart.

11. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    guess that's why i love him, oh and he's much funnier than stewart.

here's jim gaffigan (the hot pocket guy)and conan o'brien doing the great show pale force.

12. I am not a big Late Night Show fan, but I make an exception for Conan. His stuff is just hilarious.

13. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    I only get Leno, Letterman and Ferguson, my preference in order:

Ferguson
    Leno
    Letterman

14. We don't get Conan here but he has bands performing so I guess I like 'em.

But my fav is who's line is it anyway if that counts.

15. Leno!

16. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Where are you from?

17. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    Conan is my favorite, then Leno. I usually fall asleep during Carson. This seems like it would make a good poll.

18. Singapore.

19. In order, I like:

Colbert
    Conan (can't wait till he gets the Tonight Show)
    Daily Show (I still miss Corddry, but am a big Rob Riggle fan)

I'm neutral towards Leno, but I rarely find Letterman funny.

20. vbsurfer3001

vbsurfer3001

Jul 25, 2005
    VB,VA
    Kimmel kills all of the above! He the only one doing edgy material any more, all the rest are censored hacks IMHO. The best new host, Spike Feresten, only gets 1 night a week currently, but I expect that to change.

But different things make different people laugh I guess...

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 9, 2021