1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

who's your favorite singer of these four?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by The BurgerMeister, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Layne Staley

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. Eddie Vedder

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  3. Chris Cornell

22 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Kurt Cobain

7 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    Layne Staley, for me. great character and range to his voice. just an amazing singer.

i'm sure i didn't include a bunch of awesome singers that you might feel belong in this poll, but i just wanted to know between these four.

2. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    For pure vocal technique and range I gotta go with Cornell

For lyrics and song writing gotta go with Cobain

3. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Cornell. Although I don't like grunge. :p

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I went with Cornell. He has a good range and and really belt out some tunes and writes great lyrics.

Kurt was an innovator, but I couldn't stand him live. Eddie got on my nerves with his lyrics in the later albums. Layne was actually a VERY close 2nd almost first, but on the albums if you kill Jerrys backups he isn't as full sounding as most people think. I was going to give him the rating for the Mad Season album.

5. afinalfantasy

afinalfantasy Banned

Jan 11, 2006
    Chris Cornell, even though I don't listen to much of his music.

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Cornell.

7. Layne. I've seen plenty of clips of Cornell that I didn't like, particularly with Audioslave. He's number 2 from that list though because he indeed has moments of greatness.

8. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I'm going with Staley for the simple fact that his vocals really complimented the music. Cornell's a close second and Vedder is meh. Cobain's vocals were as good as his guitar playing.

9. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    never done this, but i don't doubt it.

to me, Layne Staley conveyed more emotion than the others. i think Cornell's got him in the belting department, but i enjoy Staley's belting more (whoa... weird sentence if taken out of context). when Staley belts, i really feel it, y'know?

10. phat daddy

phat daddy

Jun 16, 2006
    Tampa Bay, FL
    I had to go with Cornell. Sheer vocal strength, range and dynamics I think he's got all that. Stayley's a close 2nd, the one thing he's got on Cornell is emotion. Kurt Cobain had a lot of emotion albeit sometimes poorly conveyed, and I don't think Ed Vedder even rates on this list other than the fact that he was in a grunge band.

11. MyUsernameHere

MyUsernameHere ?????????????

Nov 3, 2007
    Lexington KY
    I'd have to vote for Cornell on the strength of Euphoria Morning alone.

12. Kobain he is the only one i realy know >.>

13. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    Kurt Cobain I suppose. I'm not really a fan of any of those guys.

I wish Chris Cornell had shot himself in the early '90s. Could've saved us from all that Audioslave garbage.

14. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    If I had to pick from this list, I'm going Vedder... he's soulful without being overly anguished, from what I'm familiar with. Also, I dig baritones... he's a baritone, right?

15. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    cornell in the lead!

16. Kurt, at least in the early days.

I really despise the whole "underbite rock" vocals thing... I wish it were bands like the Young Fresh Fellows and the Fastbacks that made it big instead of the ones that ended up saturating the airwaves....