1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Whose gigging tonight then?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rob_thebassman, Aug 26, 2017.

1. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    Hey guys, dunno if this is the right forum to be on, but whose gigging tonight? I'm gigging tonight in Barnsley, South Yorkshire UK, we're supporting a punk band on their debut gig :) should be a good night.

So good luck to anyone else whose gigging tonight :)

Helix likes this.
  2. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life.

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, Mo
    It's not my 'gigging tonight'...is it yours?
    It has to belong to someone...
    :laugh:

Killens84, Wisebass, OldDog52 and 4 others like this.
  3. RobBottom69

RobBottom69

Aug 2, 2012
    SF Bay Area
    Doing a loose gig this afternoon at a winery on Treasure Island. It's kind of a pain to get to having to drive the central freeway in San Francisco, but it's outdoors and I can bring the large rig setup :bassist:

StyleOverShow likes this.
  4. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    The trio has our weekly restaurant gig.

5. lokikallas

lokikallas Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2010
    los angeles
    First gig at a club tonight. I've been to a few shows there before. Turnout might be iffy lol. We are striking out a whole hour away so the base of usual suspects might not make it. We will have to rely on the draw of the locals.

6. I'm at Molly Darcy's in Danbury CT tonight with The Clark Eno Orchestra. Large band, fun gig. Hope my friends come. : D

bassliner50 likes this.
  7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I'll be down at the Virginia Beach Oceanfront at 31st Street Gazebo. Subbing with The Michael Clark Band. The Michael Clark Band

Jhengsman and troy mcclure like this.
  8. We're playing a houseboat neighbourhood party. I believe we will be set up on land though.
    I'm going to try out controlling my light board with an FCB1010 foot controller. Just finished programming yesterday!

9. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Deltona, FL
    Owner: Brevard Sound Systems
    Scheduled for an outdoor gig this evening. That said, there is a 60% chance of rain, starting two hours before downbeat, and through most of the gig. If we get rained out again, I won't go back. This is our fifth time at this venue, and will either be the third gig, or third rain out without pay. Yeah. Sucks.

10. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    Tonight, we have a gig in the basement of a record shop.

grisezd likes this.
  11. We have a gig at a gliding club that is about 10 minutes from my house. I think it is fancy dress, should be a fun night.

We played the same gig last year and got booked for this year as we were loading out.

12. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    Vegetarian here, doing a pig-roast from 4:30-10:30 in Riverdale, NJ. I'm packing almond butter and banana burritos.

If any of you happen to be there please say hi :).

David Jayne likes this.
  13. Chicory Blue

Chicory Blue

Oct 9, 2016
    Gigging tonight, but not as a musician. I'll be performing as a fortune teller at a private party.

--^@

14. rob_thebassman

rob_thebassman

Jul 26, 2010
    Normanton, UK
    playing bass since 2005
    I feel like gigging tonight

15. DiabolicLow B

DiabolicLow B Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Got a gig at a bar in Guelph tonight called The Sip Club, been there once before it was a lot of fun, small place but a cool vibe.

16. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Wedding at a winery... We're not a "wedding" band, but the bride and groom have seen us many times, so they know what they're in for!

-robert

David Jayne likes this.
  17. Private House Party this evening here in Billings Montana USA with my band Stiletto....We don't do these very often....Should be a GREAT Time!!!!

18. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

Subbing with an Afrobeat-influenced jazz-funk band tonight.

Helix likes this.
  19. Who is gigging tonight? = Who's gigging tonight?

my gig for the entire 12 hours is to drink vodka in orange soda

mikewalker, SunnBass and Oddly like this.
  20. hondo4life

hondo4life

Feb 29, 2016
    SC
    I am going to a fundraiser, but there is just going to be a stereo with some records playing. No bands wanted to volunteer.