Whose strings are these?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Mottlefeeder, Feb 15, 2005.

1. I recently aquired a secondhand Warwick Corvette fretless, and I love its sound. I thought it might be a good idea to put new strings on it, but when the sound changed completely, I decided to try to replace what I had with the same. The existing strings have a gorgeous woody sound, and an Ernie Ball nickel string just clanked.

I am used to Ernie Ball Slinky (nickel) and Rotosound Swing 66s on my fretted bass, and I think that these are steel roundwounds, but not as coarse as the Rotosounds.

The string end bobbins are brass, and on the E string, the outer winding finishes 10 mm before the middle winding finishes, and the inner winding continues for about 10 to 12 mm beyond the middle winding before it opens out to about one turn every 3 mm.

There is no fabric thread anywhere on the string.

It is possible that these are the original Warwick strings, but any help/confirmation you can give would be appreciated.
  2. Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    if you could post a picture i can try helping you.
  3. Thanks for the offer, but I don't have a digital camera. - In fact, at the moment, I don't have a camera at all.
  4. WarwickFan

Feb 7, 2005
    Sounds like they are the original Warwick strings. If so, they are Black Label 45-105.