1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Wht is the coolest thing you own or want?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rumzini, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yeah! Just like the title asks. What is the coolest thing that you own, have owned, getting, or wanting, (yet actually have the means of getting)? So don't be posting a Lear Jet or Ferarri, (unless you can actually buy one, in that case you win!). One stipulation though...these items or articles must be non bass related...heck non music related!

I'll start.

Surefire Z2 Combat flashlight. I have a extended, rechargeble version of this that I carry in my pant pocket while on duty. I love this thing! You can even hold it in a shooting grip when it's in the compact form as shown!

2. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    My new Smart Forfour. Bought it as a second car. First car is a new Mercedes A Class. My eldest gets her license this summer and didn't want her driving the Merc. Bought this as a runabout.

I love it so much, I won't let my wife drive it. More smiles per mile. Handles as good as any Porsche I have driven (Boxster, 944S, 928). 1.0 liter, 3 cylinder engine. Drives comfortably with four adults at 150km/hr (95mph). Runs on fumes. Can find a parking spot anywhere. It sounds like an old Fiat. Fun car to drive.

I can load my SWR Cab, head, effects case, cables, stands, mic stands, two basses, light stands, two light pars with two lights, 2 power reels. All in the back.

The cornering on this thing is stunning. Mine is all black.

Smart just announced they are discontinuing the line as they cannot recover costs on the design. It's engineered by Mercedes. Some may not know that Smart is an acronym for Swatch Mercedes ART.

3. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Yes! That is cool. Why can't USA design and build such a car. Ours are boring.

4. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    I have a painting of a tree done by an elephant. How cool is that?

5. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Very cool! However...you know the TB unofficial rules! It dosn't exist unless there is a pic! Bonus if you have apic while the elephant was painting it!

6. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland

I would NEVER drive something this small in North America. You need an urban assault vehicle in case of an accident.

7. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    I don't have a picture of it to hand, I'll take a photo tonight.

In the mean-time, here's a painting done by the same elephant...

[​IMG]

Gongkam%20new%20II.

8. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    ROTFLMFAO....I am owned!!!!! LOL!!!!!

9. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    Montréal
    Whoa :eek:
    That elephant man, it's like, just... :eek: whoa.

10. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    Here's another by a different elephant...

[​IMG]

11. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    Actually, they are bringing the Smart to the States. I'm not exactly sure of the timing of it's release though. USA Today ran an article about it last week, try looking it up online.

As for me, I'll take this neato cool K04 Turbocharger for my VW 1.8T Golf. 240 HP = pure sex.

[​IMG]

12. playmybass

playmybass

Mar 28, 2004
    Tucson, Az
    Ive been really thinking about getting a Yamaha Raptor 660:cool:

13. I guess the weirdest thing I've got is a piece of wreckage. What you see is a bit of wing skin from an Air Force F-15 that crashed in the Oregon Desert about 7 years ago. It hit the ground doing 500 knots, and spread itself over about a square mile.

My dad did clean up on the site. All the cool stuff, like gauges and things with writing, were taken by the AF, but the rest was just junk metal. So he picked up a few pieces.

Rock on
    Eric

Attached Files:

14. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I really like my car...

VetteOnCruise.

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Adidas Superstars (shelltops) are coming in these rare limited editions. So far, I've been able to cop a few pairs (12) on tour here and abroad. So far, my faves are the Buenos Aires, London, Atlanta, Disney, Boston, and Germany editions.

As for want? A Porsche Cayenne.

16. [​IMG]
    that used to be my favorite toy, now she belongs to someone else:crying:

new gadget ive been playing with:
    '06 Smart Parts Shocker:[​IMG]

17. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    These are great everyone. Keep'em coming. I have a few others at home that just need pics.

18. plexibass

plexibass

Jun 30, 2005
    wow. good thread i have a bunch of cool stuff that i own:
    1]i'm a huge elvis presley fan. and i'm a huge chuck taylor fan. ergo my blue suede chucks top the list.
    2]my platinum album also ties for first.
    3]as per recent news, my autographed buck owens pic and my autographed johnny cash picture.
    4]my signed lithograph of elvis signed by scotty and dj fontana
    5]my autographed georgia satellites bbq apron, no seriously. promo item form elektra records that i had them sign for me.

i could go on but........

the only thing i really want is one of those big honkin mothers of a gass grill. you know the ones that cost a couple of thousand and take up a quarter acre. big mother. and i want a fully stocked walk in humidor.

19. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Well...as long as we're talking autographs. I have a signed yellow Ferarri polo shirt, signed by Mario Andretti. Got him to sign it in Michael's pits during the last CART race at Michigan Int. Raceway. I was told soon after by some CART officials that it should be worth something due to it being on a Ferarri shirt. Especially since the Andretti family is so loyal to thier sponsors and rarely sign anything other than them. However I don't have any pic to show him signing the shirt for verification.

Cool..nonetheless!

20. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I have been carrying a modded 6p for years... these lights are great!

:)