Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

why am i seething with this animosity?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by retitled, Aug 24, 2005.

1. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    i'll tell you why...

about 2 years ago i did a temp job ang got nearly $700 for it...

i remember my friend mentioning to me a long while before that that he wanted to learn guitar... i also remember another friend trying to sell her guitar... it was a peavey that she was selling for $40... it was a really nice price (i think she wantes to buy drugs lol) so... i buy it from her and give it to my best friend along with this small ibanez bass amp i had sitting around... so about 6 months ago he leant them to his girlfriend cuz her dad needed to barrow it... i go over to my friends house and ask where it is.. he trys to get it back and the father said "oh ur friend didnt look like he wanted it back so i sold it"... now the guitar cost me $40... the amp cost me around $50... both of them were second hand but ims rue they both cost alot more then what i got them for...

besided the issue of the money.. this is a gift i gave to my friend from my heart.. he really wanted it and he had no money and hsi parents wouldnt buy it for him so i took the liberty of makeing him happy...

NOW!!! the girl( my friends girlfriend) is telling to just let it go cuz its no big deal and its gone...

BUT!!!! about a year go this girl gave me a stick of 512 ddr ram for my computer that she took out of her broken comp... at the time my mobo took sd ram so i sold it... 2 months later she tells me she needs it back cuz it was her dads so i had to go to teh store and spend $100 of my own money to buy a stick of ram so her dad wouldnt bitch at her....

now i dont think its fair one bit that i lost at least $200 of MY money because her dad is a dumb jerk....

i just want to go to his door and punch him in the face....

what should i do?

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Dude, I wanted to sympathize with you, but I could only get through the first few lines. Punctuation and capitalization are your friends.

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Dude. You run with a pretty cheesey bunch.

4. Kelly Coyle

Kelly Coyle Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Mankato, MN
    It's a pretty good policy to not be too friendly with your stuff and your money. Same goes for accepting stuff and money from your friends. You've learned a valuable lesson for about $300 -- just replace the RAM and walk away.

5. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    /Munjibunga'd

6. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    i actually bought the father a new stick of 1gig ddr because i felt it was my mistake... thats DOUBLE what he lost... now he gives me this tripe...

::sigh::

yea sorry for all my gramatically inccorect spelling and such... this is me venting :)

7. Elipses are the new grammar.

8. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    You gave the guitar and amp to your friend. If he loaned them to a weasel and can't get them back (or get compensated for them), then that's his problem. You don't have to like what happend, or all of the people involved. But, once you gave the gear away to your friend, you can only hope that he would take care of it responsibly...

9. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills

well its not really the fact that its gone thats pissing me off... its the fact that the father is a jerk..

he gave me a stick of ram and i sold it and when he asked for it back and i didnt have it i was nice enough to buy him a new stick and that he shows no remosrse for me or my friend at all... and when the girls asked for the money back he jsut locked himself in his room

10. Get a Linkin Park pen, shout "no way fascist" and stab him in the leg with it. Do an ollie on the cat and take a leak in their laundry hamper.

The only thing you can do.

11. I added that laundry hamper thing for effect. Sorry Money.

12. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    haha.. is that a scene from a movie or something?

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Take a dump in dad's shoes. For more info, contact Mike Money.

14. lazyi

lazyi

Feb 14, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Deleted

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    THAT post is gonna last a long time.

16. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Just take pride in the fact that you're the type of person that tries to do people right. If the "father" is a jerk, there's nothing you can do about it. Just try to keep him out of your life...

17. Fo' Shizzle

Fo' Shizzle

Aug 28, 2003
    Two points:

If you decide that you're going to punch him, be aware. He is a going to punch you back.... several times..... hard.......

Second, let it go. This is pissing you off and it has no effect on him at all. Take a deep cleansing breath :oops: .......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

and move on.

18. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I'm guessing that you're problem is that you're sitting in your room listening to "Terrible Lie" over and over again.

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yes, that's exactly what I was trying to say.

20. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    and Sin....