1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why Am I So Picky?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KingRazor, Nov 29, 2010.

1. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    you may want to call Nino

2. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Picky, to me, is going and playing a ton of basses and having a hard time liking one enough to buy. If you want a blue bass that has narrow string spacing but sounds like a stock P-bass, I'm sure you can find one. Just got up to GC (or somewhere better) and start playing.

3. Who?

4. There's always a problem I run into though.

The SR500 (the first picture) is one of the most comfortable playing basses I've ever played. It sounds ok, but the tone could be a lot better. Plus, it's active, and I don't really care for active EQ on a bass. Also, the finish isn't that great.

The SR1000EFM (the 2nd picture) is the most beautiful finish I've ever seen on a bass, but I've never been able to play one or hear how they sound. Plus, now they're so rare I doubt I'll ever be able to play one.

The P bass has the sound I want, plus it's passive. I don't have to fight or mess with a bunch of knobs to get the tone I want, I just plug in and play. But an MIA P bass is $1200. Also, the neck plays ok but not nearly as well as the Ibanez. I've tried less expensive P basses but they just don't compare really.

5. WoodyG3

WoodyG3

May 6, 2003
    Colorado, USA
    You may not like the looks, but check out a used Peavey Fury. It's basically a P-Bass with a Jazz style neck, and they go for less than $200 on ebay.