Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why am I still a new member?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Monte, Aug 9, 2001.

1. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    I'm becoming paranoid because the last 100 or so posts I've made still show "Monte, New Member, # of posts 68". Darn it, I'm not that new, and why am I stuck on 68. Can I get some affirmation without becoming a supporting member?:p

Monte

2. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    Ok, now it shows 69, so I'm really confused. Do you have to start a post to have it count?

Monte

3. No, now it says 70. Don't feel bad, the fact that you registeres in January but have posted only 70 times means you're not wasting a bunch of time here. If ya want to see something pathetic poke your head into the toybass forums. They have cats up there who registered yesterday and have posted 70 times about some of the dumbest bullsh*t you can imagine.

4. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    Oh hey, that's a great idea. I'm naming my strings "The turnarounds" since they are Velvet 180's, my bass "Bounce" because it is a baaad Czech (My compliments to Mr. Mraz), and my AI Contra C4 (explosive in a small package). That ought to get me started on about 70 posts a day. Oh yeah David, what kinda hat do you wear to a gig? I wear a brown beret backwards 'cuz I'm cooler than Fieldy.....FLEA RULZ..

Oh wait, you're right, this is a waste of time.

Monte

5. Yeah, there are even some people who come over to post in the DB forum just to increase their post count... ;)

6. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    like me, for instance.

7. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    ditto

I havent been to obsolete bass for some time

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I come here all the time - although I think it's justified as over 90% of the music I listen to - whether recorded or at gigs includes Double Bass. That is - Jazz, Classical, Afro Cuban etc . I just booked tickets for the Turangalila Symphonie and expect to see/hear lots of nice Double Basses with the London Symphony Orchestra! ;)

9. Do any of you guys wake up with morning wood? er...um..I mean do you get up early and practice your DBs........uh....thats 120.....

10. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Sorry, they've already had THREE "Morning Wood" threads up in BG Off Topic. Yep, ya just can't get anything past those guys.....

11. *ToNeS*

*ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    get what past who's guys :confused:

12. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

That's the burning question, isn't it? Slabbers and Plankists are mysterious creatures.:)

13. rablack

rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    Brilliant coinage DURRL. It was just sitting there waiting to be uttered but you got there first.

Slabbers and Plankists, indeed. Rolls off the tongue a lot better than toybassists.