1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Why are people such ********?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by ROON, Mar 5, 2008.

1. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    So I'm getting myself a coffee during my break two days ago... and the chick at the counter is getting a mouthful from this old senior-citizen in front of me in the line. He's going nuts at her, slamming his fists on the counter and yelling. Pretty aggressive for an old dude! :meh: So anyway he's complaining about how his coffee took too long to make, and that she didn't give him any sugar. The sugar is on a table on the way out with other stuff like stirrers and spoons (kinda like at Starbucks). So she did nothing wrong. On top of that she looked really down as if she had been having a real bad day, and you could tell this old dude ranting on was the last thing she wanted. He finally decides he's had enough complaining and walks off mumbling to himself and shaking his head in disgust.

I look at him, look back at the chick at the counter and had a look on my face as if to say "What the hell is his problem?". Her face lit up and we both smiled. Always happy to make someones day a little better. :) But what the hell, is standing there and complaining about it going to change the fact that your coffee came late? I think not! Plus he's an old bloke, it's not like he has 15 minutes to grab a coffee and a newspaper during his day and rush back to get to a meeting or anything. If it's really that much of an issue you could always speak to the manager or file a complaint with the company or something. :eyebrow:

Today, I'm sitting in McDonalds on my break. Another 'counter incident'. Some dude is getting frustrated and angry because he had to wait a minute or two for his burger to get made. Giving everyone greasy looks and just being an ass. Meh, at least he wasn't going berserk. So I get my food and sit down at a seat. And theres these two people on the table next to me eating and rambling on about how much they hate people.

They start talking about how Nazis are evil (which is true), but then go on to say that Americans are just as bad as Nazis. :eyebrow: THEN, they go on to say how all Germans are Nazis. THEN, they go on to ramble on about how annoying Brazilians are... I'm pretty sure they called them Nazis too.

Seriously, why do people have to be so uptight or so hateful? :confused:

MOD EDIT: ALL PROFANITY MUST BE FULLY MASKED.

2. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    they don't know any better. just be glad that you do.
    http://[malware url removed].net/vicious-smiley-1815.gif

3. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    +1

Either that or there's something really bad in their water! :ninja:

4. Tomass

Tomass

Nov 1, 2005
    You should find closure that his days are numbered, so his assholeness shall not be around for long. I guess you do get things like that, I use to get the crap abused out of me when i was a register operator (geez im gonna get baggged out for that, :p). I once had a customer in one of the 4 wheeled old persons things, he couldnt fit through the checkout, so i told him to go around the larger one and circle back to my register, he didnt get the message, threw all his stuff on the ground and went of the store swearing at me. I hope whatever is wrong with him hurt a lot, thats karma.

5. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Banned

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    Well look at it like this ROON. There was a little crowd in that room. There are billions of other people who dont act that way. Translation: ******** are ********, but people are not. Also some people change. Remember that.

6. I am a Referee........

Nuff sed

7. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    I've actually experienced something similar at a Dunkin Donuts but I couldn't shut up and told the guy who was complaining to the poor cashier to... well, something not very nice.

It's completely uncalled for people to just be completely belligerent.

8. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    The other thing to keep in mind is that a number of "old people" have things like dimentia, arthritis, difficulty seeing, and/or hearing problems. Any one of these things can lead some of them to being cranky or misundertand what is said to them and thus react negatively (especially to young people who don't have these afflictions). Just something to think about.

9. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    the ******** i've met have generally been insecure and lonely.

10. Curtybob

Curtybob

Jun 2, 2007
    Jackson, MO
    People do seem to be ********... judgemental, arrogant, inconsiderate, elitist ********. But they only seem that way in large groups. Single them out, and they are stupid to boot.

:D :p :bag:

11. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I'm not saying everyone is an *******. Just that during my day I encounter lots of them. And it just makes me wonder, how can you live like that? Does that guy make a big scene every time his coffee takes more than 3 or 4 minutes, or was he just having a bad day too? Was that guy waiting for his burger also having a bad day or does he always act like that? Obviously you don't have a chat with a buddy about how you hate foreigners just because you're having a bad day, those people don't have an excuse.

Also today, I'm walking around looking at all the ferries come and go in my break. And I see a group of Arab men walking along and chatting to each other, and a guy walking just ahead of me stares at them as they walk past and then mumbles;

"****ing terrorists."

What on Earth is his problem? :meh:

I go to design college in the city. So I see lots of people every day, the majority of them I'll assume are regular non-asshatish people. It just amazes me how many rude, racist and plain stupid remarks I hear every day, coming from all different types of people.

Of course, I wasn't complaining about old people specifically, I just thought that dude was going way over the top. I guess he could have some health problem...

12. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    I was getting pretty close to saying something to this guy in front of me.
    The poor cashier girl looked really down, I felt quite sorry for her.

13. Melbourne > Sydney for that reason, everytime I traverse the border it's like going to ******* city, except its more expensive!

14. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Yeah, they are out there, aren't they?

Especially the smelly hairy ones...:rolleyes:

They need to "Lighten up, Francis!"

15. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    I used to eat a lot of bad food, maccas and hungry jacks late after gigs, etc, and it always amazed me that people treated the staff so badly... these people are holding down an average job, not getting paid that much working odd hours and people treat them like **** whats the deal? not to sound like a wank but i always try to at least smile and say thank you, make an effort because most of the time they cop it. I do not understand how you can't wait an extra 2 mins for your burger, its going to be fresher anyway... man, Roon, you got me going on a rant here...:)
    My parents tried to drill what they call 'the golden rule' into me: 'treat others as you wish to be treated'. Even if people treat you like **** you feel better knowing you're making the effort...

16. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    exactly. http://[malware url removed].net/not-tagged-smiley-13318.gif

17. I work in a liquor store. If you thinks some people are ********, wait until you deal with with ******** who drink a lot.

18. peterbright

peterbright

Jan 23, 2007
    On The Bayou
    You are correct. Even the ones wearing badges.

19. aws

aws

Feb 10, 2008
    Adelaide, Australia
    This is why Adelaide is better than Melb and Sydney.

:bag:
    Not really, there are a-holes everywhere.

20. You get alot of jerks taking things out on the counter jockies. I used to get all sorts when working at a bar. Thankfully, im a big lad, stood round thier side of the bar, asked them to leave and they would. You'd unfortunatly get fired at a coffee place of micky Ds.

And re- the nazi thing. But bundling people into groups like they were, the people at the next table were just being bloody hypocrits!