1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Why are people unloading their Cirrusses (Cirri?)??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lamborghini98, Apr 26, 2006.

1. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    Ive played one before and thought it was really great.
    Theyre clearly well respected (otherwise why would so many TBers by em?) and they have sweet specs. So whats up with so many people selling them?? Just getting tired of them?

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I can't really speak for them, but I bet this is just one of those cycles. Folks here sell great basses pretty cheap every day. Nothing on the board for sale surprises me.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It seems that with every fad here on TB, there is an equal opposing side of it where folks decided that after all the buzz that particular piece of equipment didn't work out for them. When more people buy a product, more people will sell it as well.

4. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    I wasn't aware of any such trend...

MM

5. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Everybody just gets tired of what they are playing and wants to try something else. Period.

Cirrus are sweet basses.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Then you missed about a million threads/posts about them a while back.

7. Yep, that's my theory too. It's called GAS :p

8. I love my Cirrus BXP, and will likely only unload it when I'm read to move up to a USA Cirrus. I could care less who else uses them, I love Cirri (I guess thats it?). The neck feels like it was made just for me, and I love the tone that comes from the Active VFL pickups. The only thing I could ever change is adding a USA mellinnium preamp, so I could have the option of sweepable mids.

9. rok51

rok51 Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Mine aren't going anywhere, either. But I'm an admitted Peavey-holic, so I guess it doesn't count...:bag:

Kim

10. I just traded one myself! It was a sweet bass for sure but not one I'll be buried with (unless the TBer I traded it to has a twisted sense of humor!). I noticed a lot of Lull's on the block lately too. It's all cycles. Now would be a good time to pick up an SR5 too judging from the amount available. Then watch in a month...... nothing! Back to the Cirrus, mine was sweet I traded for it twice :D but when all is said and done the neck seemed too long for me with a strap on. I compared it to my Lulll and the neck starts an inch higher so my arm had to be at a different position whn standing up. Tone and playbility wise I think the Cirrus would hold it's own against a number of high end basses.

11. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    There is a rumor that a lot of people are selling their Cirrusses because they are buying Jazzes, and especially fretlesses.

12. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    I sold my first one because I was stupid... It's just that simple...

[​IMG]

13. exactly...I've seen it with warwicks, sadowsky metros, and a whole bunch more basses...This happens on TB all the time...there is nothing wrong with them, they just are not the current fad anymore :)

14. I actually will miss mine when it's gone but after playing some really high end basses I knew the difference and it was time to move up. There is nothing wrong with them in the least, especially for the cost. They are well worth the money and then some.

15. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta (Grant Park!)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    +1. Right now it's Cirrus' and 'Ray's turn.

16. Yes, and it's fueled by internet forums like this one.:D

17. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    True story. I've gotten to where I've gotta tell myself almost every day, 'No, Kevin, you don't wanna sell that.'

18. DougD

DougD Bassman7654

Sep 19, 2002
    North Las Vegas NV
    G.A.S?

19. mark beem

mark beem I'm alive and well. Where am I? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Gear Acquisition Syndrome...

Terrible disease...

:scowl:

20. Calif De Funk

Calif De Funk Guest

Dec 15, 2004
    Sweden
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    You`re pretty darn right! We`r only chasing ghosts...