1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Why are the Musicman Stingray 5 special HH w/ebony fingerboard backordered until April

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mettec, Jan 11, 2019.

1. mettec

mettec

Aug 22, 2005
    Minneapolis
    So I am in the market for a Stingray HH 5 string special with an ebony fingerboard but no one had them until April time frame. Sounds, AMS, Sweetwater all have them as coming soon or available in April. Does anyone know why these are backordered so far out? I'm looking at either the Aqua Blue sparkle or Black sparkle.

2. HD007

HD007 Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2018
    Just guessing, but maybe because A) they have been really popular sellers and B) we’re around the corner from NAMM so maybe EBMM production shifted to new items for now.

I have seen some charcoal sparkles lately at GCs fwiw.

lowdownthump likes this.
  3. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Have you looked at Reverb? There are six new 5HH Special basses with ebony boards currently listed (three aqua sparkle, two charcoal sparkle, and one jet black).

lowdownthump likes this.
  4. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    They were always the hardest to get. When I was looking to get mine, I had to search around a bit and wait until they came in stock. I waited about a month. I had played a charcoal sparkle 5HH in GC but it was my 2nd choice . Aqua sparkle and charcoal sparkle sell out quickly when they do come in stock . A lot of people are already committed or on a waiting list for them. What often happens is that they don’t get them in stock when promised . If you find one in stock, get it. It’s much less frustrating .

HD007 likes this.
  5. mettec

mettec

Aug 22, 2005
    Minneapolis
    I have seen them in a few places but because of my financial situation I can only get them with a dealer that does monthly payments like AMS & Zzounds. Zzounds shows more in April

lowdownthump likes this.
  6. Fresh Eddie

Fresh Eddie

Nov 13, 2008
    There is one in the classifieds right now (I am not affiliated with the seller).

lowdownthump likes this.
  7. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Try Sam Ash.