Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why Berklee rules?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassvirtuoso13, Apr 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is actually a joke thread. I put it up to see all the jealous ******** who would actually waste their time insulting my school, because they are not in it or don't have the discipline and or talent to be in it.

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    oooh, so what exactly was the funny part of the joke?

If Berklee hadn't been brought up by you, sometimes supposedly to add weight to your opinions (admittedly some of them do need help), no one would have commented on it.

Sorry but if someone's got to be an a$$hole in this round... too late.

BTW I have nothing against Berklee, I'm sure it's a fine school. Some of it's students and graduates OTOH...

:eek:

3. I wanted to see how pissed off some people could get over such a ridiculous topic. The joke is you actually bothered to write me a message and I could care less what you wrote. You, in essence, wasted your time.

4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    BV13:

#1TalkBass has very specific guidelines regarding what can and what cannot be posted. Your post contains language that violate the guidelines (the ones you agreed to abide by when you signed in as a member)

#2 We have a "Bass Humor and gig stories" forum for "Joke" threads like this one.

#3 People who have real talent do not need to brag about where they study. either you are good or you are not. The institution is nothing if you do not take the time to apply yourself to learn your craft. It also does not make you the ultimate authority on anything. You are new here. You don't know how close a community we are. If you carry on n the manner you have been doing, you'll be shunned in a hurry. The other members are prepared to respect your opinions. Are you ready to respect theirs?

Believe me, this is a great little site. you can either be humble and find a place for yourself, or you can carry on and be shunned faste than you can say "Berklee"

Welcome to TalkBass, by the way.

Will C.:cool:

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    great post big wheel! couldn't have said it better myself.

6. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Trust me, you're making it very clear that talking with you can be a waste of time;)

If you think I'm pissed, cool. You don't know me:D

What you fail to realize is that my posts are not only visible to you, they're visible to anyone who clicks on the link. Maybe my intent is to give you another opportunity to show what a true wit you are...

Thanks for being you.

BERKLEE RAWKS!!!!

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

It's a shame that Jamerson or Jaco didn't go to Berklee.

They could have really been great musicians if they had only went to a proper music school or conservatory.

8. I'll leave this here to be sure our "virtuoso" friend gets the point. Thanks Big Wheel. Well said indeed.

:cool: ? ... :rolleyes:

9. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    You beat me to it Stingray. That is exactly what I was going to do!.....:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.