Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

why cant i find a usa spector ns4???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 513rocks.com, Sep 7, 2005.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    does anyone here own one? i had one about a year ago and was forced to sell it. since its been gone all i can think about is how big a mistake i made. it was the best bass i ever played. if anyone has one or knows where i can find one used, please let me know. i have a sadowsky uv70 and a modulus flea (that is the greatest flea bass i ever played and ive owned 4 of them and played a bunch more) that i would be willing to trade for a ns4. thanx mark

2. 513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    yeah ive posted. i just think stu doesnt make very many ns4s. ns2s are easy to find. ive been looking on ebay for over 6 months now. i email or called every store i could find that sell spector and they all say the same..... we have ns2s but if you want aa ns4 it will take 7-8 months and cost 4000.00!!! i dont think ill ever find another one. the dude from tradingbasses.com has one but its a ssd and is plum color which looks kinda pink. i dont think i could ever own a pink bass :) guess ill just keep looking. oh yeah i got a little carried away in my first post, ill never be able to get rid of my uv70, its the ultimate jazz bass!

3. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    I have a white US made NS4 (SSD made) with vol, blend & concentric pots I believe. Twin EMG soapbars and excellent condition. I'm in England, not interested in a trade but I might be willing to sell it to you if the price is right?! ;) :)

4. What's the difference between the NS2 and the NS4?

5. 513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    the pickups, controls, and preamp. the pickups on a ns4 is 2 soapbar types with a 18v preamp, 3 knobs. the ns2 has p/j pups with a 9v preamp and 4 knobs. its a big tone difference and i figured the ns4 would be more popular but i guess not...

6. NS2 has PJ pickup config, NS4 has dual soapbar.

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
  8. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I hope that wasn't too redundantly repetitive, because I hate people who repeatedly repeat themselves over and over again. :D

9. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    I've seen very few NS-4's over the years on Ebay. I love the P/J sound. That's the Spectors I fell in love with and desperately want! Why not try Beaver Felton at www.basscentral.com? He has a couple in stock and can get more.

10. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    have you emailed pjrubal at spector? he comes across used items also, might be worth a try and he's a hell of a nice guy.

11. 513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    they dont have any instock. i tried them last week. they can get one bet will take 6-10 months i think they said.

12. 513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    yes ive been talking to him through email for the last couple months. im on a list.

13. Hey man - pretty sure you've checked this option but on the OLD for sale thread on this forum there is a guy who was selling a trans green US NS-4 with piezo option.I know for a fact he is based in Hong Kong but I dont think he sold the bass.His Talkbass handle is -Timothy- I think.
    Dont wanna get your hopes up but it may be an option.
    I think he also had it on bassgear.com and from memory wanted around the $2K - 2.5K.
    Spectors are awesome.I have a 4 and a 5 and they are what I will stick with!

14. Also - not to get too excited - this guy posted on Harmony Central on 7/12/2004 so its a while ago but you never know.
    sjvaliulis@southernimperial.com
    Wanted $1950 for it.
    Its a while ago but I have picked up some bargains this way.All you need to do is email him and you never know!
    Good luck!

15. 513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    thanx