Why can't I find EBS Fafners in the US?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by anyonefortennis, Sep 13, 2005.

1. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    None of the US dealers seem to carry this head. Any particular reason why?
  2. macahan

Mar 22, 2005
    Karlstad, Sweden
    because it's made in sweden, that's one possible reason.
  3. bugbass

Apr 8, 2004
    I think also because it have been some problems with this head. The TD650 is a good choice too, with a little tweaking you can dial in a fafner-like tone
  4. Got To Groove

Got To Groove Guest

Jun 14, 2005
    u can always send a mail to EBS sweden

i think they have international shipping!
  5. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Ive heard from dealers that the US vendor is a pain in the but to work with and that customer service is bad.
  6. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Consider yourself lucky. I know my experience is based just on one particular amp head, but I had NOTHING but problems from mine.
    I ended up ebaying it to a gentleman in Poland, and I think it is probably still too close to me.
  7. I don't know for the USA, but for me, 2 years of EBS and no problems.....
    Very good amps! Customer service is very good here...
    Fafner is still in the catalog, you can mail US dealer:

U . S . A .
    OFFICIAL DISTRIBUTOR: <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=underrubrik width="20%" height=5></TD><TD width="80%" height=5></TD></TR><TR><TD class=underrubrik>Name: </TD><TD class=text>Brooklyn Gear </TD></TR><TR><TD class=underrubrik>Address:
    </TD><TD class=text>20 Jay Street, Suit 1002</TD></TR><TR><TD class=underrubrik>Zipcode:
    </TD><TD class=text>Brooklyn, NY 11210</TD></TR><TR><TD class=underrubrik> </TD><TD class=text>USA</TD></TR><TR><TD class=underrubrik height=5></TD><TD height=5></TD></TR><TR><TD class=underrubrik>Phone: </TD><TD class=text>877 700 GEAR, (718) 858 4900</TD></TR><TR><TD class=underrubrik>Fax: </TD><TD class=text>(718) 858 2434</TD></TR><TR><TD class=underrubrik height=5></TD><TD height=5></TD></TR><TR><TD class=underrubrik>E-mail: </TD><TD>ebs@brooklyngear.com</TD></TR><TR><TD class=underrubrik>Web:</TD><TD class=link>www.brooklyngear.com</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
  8. Many US stores (Bass Central, Austin Bass Traders, Bass Northwest, etc) carry and stock the EBSHD350 and TD650... both great amps, and totally reliable. I think the earlier Fafner models had some problems, but from other posts, they seem to have fixed the issue. However, I don't think EBS ships Fafners to the US. The 650 in Tube mode, from what I read in other posts, gets you very close to the Fafner sound, and you have all the hi fi sounds as an additional bonus.