Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

why cant my warwick fretless sell?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Krinkle5, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krinkle5

Krinkle5

Feb 16, 2006
    I have been selling this bass for a while now, there was another corvette standard fretless and got sold first than mine! any suggestions? I think the pricecis reasonable... please :help:

2. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    It may be because your new here and have no feedback. The other person may have been know and had good feedback. Just a guess.
    I have some stuff for sale that's not moving either, but I don't want to sell it bad enough to give it away.

3. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Ummmm...

Give it longer than 16 hours?

4. Krinkle5

Krinkle5

Feb 16, 2006
    yes it has been days now. how can I at least show they can have some "confidence"

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    "days" isnt that long. Give it time :)

6. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

Nov 18, 2005
    I just sold an amp on consignment at a local music store.
    It only took three months but I got what I was asking.

The key is patience, keep bumping, the person that is looking for your bass will eventually find it and buy it.

If you need to move it fast you may have to take a whoppin' on the price as to make someones GAS take over and jump on a good deal.

Or you could always EBAY it, I've done that with mixed results. Don't forget to set a comfortable reserve so you don't lose it for $200 bucks! and skip all the fancy upgrades they recommend, they add tremendous fees and never done a whole lot for me in terms of selling.

7. guy n. cognito

guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Being relatively new on this board probably doesn't help matters. Some people might have hard time sending large sums of money to a complete stranger, much less one that just joined. Do you have positive ebay feedback? If so, you might want to give us your user name so we can evaluate your trustworthiness.

You also tell us nothing about yourself in your profile, including where you live. Makes you somewhat of a mystery.

8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Seriously. Even hot market items like Foderas and such often take weeks. TB member gruuv had a Zon Sonus fretless 5 (a sought-after bass) at a great price, and it still took a month or so to sell.

9. ElBajista

ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    Like mentioned above, it takes time and patience to sell stuff.

For example:

It took maybe a couple of months for me to sell both my Ampeg SVT-CL and 810E. I sold the 810 first for a reasonable price, but it took much longer to sell the Classic.

I kept getting trade offers, almost to the point of closing the deal, but then something would fall through. Offers would come about once a week, and each time they got better and better, but something would come up and the trade would fail. Because I noticed this trend, I stopped being disappointed when the offers fell through, because I knew that the next one would be even better.

Finally, I got an offer for a used Glaub +cash for my Classic, so of course I jumped on it, and obviously it went through and became a really good deal for the both of us.

Be patient. If you're honest and reasonable, you'll definitely sell it. Try throwing in some extras or lowering the price if it still doesn't sell for a while.

10. Ian Perge

Ian Perge Supporting Member

May 11, 2001
    Evansville, Indiana
    I've noticed it's been a stong buyers market for a few months now - the economy isn't great and some amazing deals have been out there because people need the money for more important "life" things. There have been items I would have loved to pick up if not for having fund in other directions (rebuilding my rig, a home demo studio, etc.)

Give it time, or lower your price. Most likely a combination of the two.

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I sure wouldn't buy anything from someone whose profile says, "Male." Nobody's ever going to like you if you don't let us know a little more about you. And if they don't like you, they won't trust you. Yadda, yadda, yadda.

12. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    And now that you have another bass (i belive a rick?) up for sale, people might think the only reason you are here is to sell basses.

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    And the crowd starts to turn ...

14. steve21

steve21 Banned

+1 to pretty much everything said here. You haven't been here long, we don't know you, and you need more patience.

Or maybe this is god's way of telling you to keep that money until the summer when I have a job, cuz a Fretless Warwick Corvette Standard is pretty high on my GAS list.

15. AxtoOx

AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Coming on line just to use us as a customer base is kinda frowned on around hear. Especially anonymously.

16. ptidwell

ptidwell Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    Krinkle5,

I will at least give you credit for being a "Supporting Member".
    Although your annonymous, and could live anywhere on the planet.
    Take the time to fill out your profile.
    We don't need your blood type or your marital status, but tell us about your gear, and your gigs that's what most of us come here to talk about, bass.
    We exchange information, tips, tricks, configurations, get GAS and ocasionally sell and or trade gear among our peers.
    finally patience sells and despairation brings suspicion.
    Took me 3 weeks to sell my Marcus Miller Sig here on TB.
    Bought the same Marcus from another TBer months earlier

Best wishes.

17. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Since I have been on TB, I have bought two basses from TB'ers and almost sold one until I changed my mind. That brings up a point. Sometimes, I look through the for sale section and go, "dang, I want that!" Then I cool down and realize that it doesn't really fall into my plans. Sometimes that can result in really diasppointing another forum member who really wants to move his bass, amp, cab, etc. Just like a merchant with a brick and mortar store, you will always attract more tire kickers than buyers. Like others said, be patient. This is not a venue for someone in a hurry.

18. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Ive bought.. 2 basses on Tb, and sold 2 as well.

Most of these deals werent instantaneous. Be patient :)

19. jake_tim

jake_tim

Jun 28, 2005
    North Carolina
    ... Patience is a virtue...

-Jake

20. MagnaKen

MagnaKen

Jan 17, 2006
    Redland, Oregon
    I have been watching bass prices on ebay for quite a while and notice (not surprisingly) that the prices are up 10-25% for the same basses starting in October, November for Christmas. If you really want top dollar, wait until then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.