Why Critics Are Wrong

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MOK BASS #1, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Think People who complain about bands like Slipknot/metallica.etc(Basically any heavy metal band)are wrong.They say ooh its all screaming,the guitars sound the same,cant hear any bass etc.Bunch Of idiots,The whole lot of em,If You Dont Like that kind of music fine,its your loss,but dont give out to me or anyone else for listening to it!
  2. Uh...*puts on britney spears*
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    So, then, what do you think of Cryptopsy, Origin, Pig Destoyer, Ion Dissonance, Sevendust, Between the Buried and Me, Limp Bizkit, Arsis, Primer 55, Cattle Decapitation, Suffocation, Linkin Park, Strapping Young Lad, Watch Them Die, Deftones, Nasum, Decapitation, Creed, The Amenta and other extreme metal bands?
  4. Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
  5. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Subjectivity:

(buzzer) Ooohhhhhh! You're all wrong. Zero points across the board.

6. I have never had any problem with heavy metal.

Now, its over-protective, elitist fans, that's a different issue all together.

7. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
  8. JohnnyA

Aug 21, 2004
    So.... why are critics wrong then?

9. wingnutkj

Mar 27, 2003
    Runrig pwnz tha critics.
  10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hey what do you guys think of Devo, Santana, Garth Brooks, Hawkwind, Morrisey, Bon Jovi, Ol' Dirty Bastard, Fred Savage, Moon Unit Zappa, Curly Fries, and sex with animals? I think they are awesome, soulful, not that bad, awesome as hell, horrible, they have a few OK songs, don't really know much about him, satan himself, coolest name ever, tastey and practical, and overrated.
  11. So what about people who critique music that you don't care for?

It should come as no surprise that people sometimes explain why they don't like things. Calling them idiots makes you look bad.
  12. best post ever.
  13. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Any critic giving a positive review is not doing his job properly.
  14. (muted trumpet) Hmmmmm. Mr. Till that was a valiant effort, but the corrct answers are as follows:

"Not sure, not my taste, done a lot for his genre, overrated, overrated, sorry to hear about that, loved him in Wonder Years, overrated, overrated, and pick a time and place".

I'm sure you thought your response would make the cut, but that's how it goes on "The Wonderful Wolrd of Subjectivity!!!"

Since this round is still developing, I'll just let the next contestant ring in.

15. -5. I'll be the judge of that.

16. fozzy

Jun 21, 2001
    Riga, Latvia, EU
    Ion Dissonance - good stuff :D, kinda mixture between Meshuggah and Dillinger Escape Plan.
  17. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I just dig that bassline and the wahnt woant guitar.
  18. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    On first glance at this, I was thinking too literally, assuming all were currently recording artists. I thought "Wow. Someone is even more eclectic than me." and then a moment later "There's a band called 'sex with animals'?!?!?!?" :eek:

Good post. :eyebrow:
  19. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    sic em, dude! -> the heathens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.