Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why did Jeff berlin and Dann Glenn leave TB?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Bo Bradley, Jun 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thoughts?
    Interjections?
    Hypothesis?
    Heres an idea=
    perhaps they grew tired of the childlike way in whick most of the power hungry "moderators" i use that term lightly,judged their every word .Jeff and Dann were by far the best thing this little site had going for it.The luthier forum is very cool,yet most of the big guys have yet to post. humm? This will be my final visit to talkbass,as i see any further visits would be moot.
    Feildy this and flea that-whos the best-what is the best-how do i become the best? Its the same questions over and over again.Perhaps Jeff and Dann grew tired of answering the same mundane questions,over and over again? humm.
    On another note<Cassanova-dude lighten up-you take this way too seriously.I know that power is a mighty force,and i have faith in you,that you can overcome its lure.One day @ a time kid.
    The shouting and the tumult dies,
    and the captains and the kings depart.

farewell talkbass
    its been a sweet run!

P E A C E

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

3. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    No the reason they left was because of people going into their own forums and insulting them. Pretty stupid really. They have very extreme views that rub some people the wrong way. I really don't feel that way with Jeff, cause I share a lot (but not all) of the same views with him (i.e. I'm against metromones, I think teacher's should teach "music" instead of how to play a style of music) Dann Glenn, I've always thought he was an egotistical SOB. But if you don't like the guys, don't go into their forums, that's how I see it.

I think Mike, Michael and Steve though have been nothing but kind and helpful.

4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Why, pray tell, are you bringing this up now?

And are you publicly criticizing the actions of our moderators? Can you do any better than they?

This thread will go *poof* before nightfall, methinks...

5. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    Joplin,Missouri
    You know not all post are flea this and flea that! There is alot of newbies that still think that flea is a god on bass! You probably would as well when you was a newbie! Hey i have a idea! Why dont they make a section for players that have played longer than 10 years! That would be cool because i can garuntee that there would be a need for mods there!

6. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Didnt Jeff and Dan moderate their own forums?

7. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Just What Can he mean by all of this?

8. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Look up his IP, that's the first thing I thought of too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.