Why did Rage Against the Machine Break up, and where is Zach De la Rocha now?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, May 10, 2005.

1. Why did Rage ever break up? And where is Zach de la Rocha now? Some kid and my school told me he killed some dude in Mexico, but I don't believe him. I am a Rage fan, but just turning into one about a couple months ago, I dont reall know history or what their message is. They were fighting against Social injustice and discrimination against races and poverty, and fighting for Civil Rights right?
  2. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I think he's traveling south america on a motorcycle.

brad cook
  4. powerslave

powerslave Guest

Feb 24, 2005
    United States
    GOD that's funny, i'm dyin'
    thanks - i needed that!
  5. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Haha. Man. This should explain what I'm doing right now:
    :D + :crying: + :hyper:

If you don't know, I'm rolling on the floor in tears because I'm laughing so hard.

Same goes for Brad's post. ;)
  6. The new Zach solo album is like the Guns N' Roses album.... always just months away, yet it never seems to materialize....

Rage's message was, simply put, to get people aware of issues relating to things like economic globalization and how it screws over a lot of people, social inequality and stratification, ongoing injustice around the world and in the US, the exploitation of common people by elites, etc...

and, to rock as hard as possible in the process.

Geez, I am such a grad student, did I just write that? ;)
  7. There is actually a Rage Against the Machine book. It's only like 150 pages and is a very easy read. Tells the whole story. Pretty interesting.
  8. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    LOL!!!! Did they donate the proceeds of all their record sales?
  9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Or even a part of it??? :scowl:

(Mr. Rodgers voice: ON)

...can you say "hypocrite"? I knew you could....

(Mr. Rodgers voice: OFF)

Hard to "Rage Against The Machine" when you're a cog in it.

....that said, I dug the music (but couldn't deal with the silly "message"), and so far am diggin' Audioslave, nice to have someone that can actually *gasp* sing...what a concept.
  10. U can download some of zack's solo stuff off his website

www.zackdelarocha.com its quite good , if you look on imesh you can find more too
  11. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    If I click on the downloadlink I arrive at Bitpimp.com :meh:

And I've always considered ZdlR more as a rapper than a singer, I think his voice was the best choice for RATM.
  12. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I dug Rage's grooves. The "heavy" trips where tough to take. Definately not a "party" band.

The one thing about Audioslave I find annoying is that singer, he's everywhere, and there's too much of him.

So it goes.
  13. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    hopefully working on an "inside out" reuinion.
  14. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I got redirected to www.zackdelagueverra.com :confused:

brad cook
  15. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    i liked rage's groove, but didn't like the 'social angst as marketing tool'.
    i've never been totally at ease with folks marketing their (alleged) consciences, whether spiritual, patriotic or societal.
    it reminds me too much of when some idiot in the public eye makes some numbskulled, non-PC statement, and then, on top of apologizing, ends up having to make a 'donation' to whatever offended group gets to them quickest, just to prove that they are socially aware...and to get said group off their back. :eyebrow:
    next to sex and death, guilt is the biggest marketing ploy going. :scowl:
    anyway, back to zack...mebbe he and axl should get together, ey?
  16. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Zak was the Rage in RATM, kinda hard to imagine the band without him really. At least, I wouldnt consider it the same band anyhow hehe.
  17. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    Well the whole thing about them was to make people aware.Think they are gonna do that by playing to a bar full of hicks or frat boys??
  18. kegbarnacle

Nov 18, 2003
    I listened to Rage a ton back in college. Saw 'em a couple of times. Now I'm aware that there are apparantly some disgruntled guerrillas in ......

I can't remember where. I was always waiting for the "FU I won't do what you tell me" part.

According to the interviews I read, the rest of the band really didn't like Zack too much at the end. I loved Rage, but I'm glad the Audioslave thing started because Chris Cornell really takes them to places they couldn't go before, sonically speaking. Zack could really only do the angry rap thing, and because of that (my opinion), Rage basically put out the same album four times. It was a great album, but you could take any single song off of one of those albums and put it on any other and it wouldn't exactly be out of place....