Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Why did she kill her sister?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Airsick Pilot, May 22, 2003.

1. Airsick Pilot

Airsick Pilot Cleopatra

Jul 29, 2002
    Cockpit(throwing up)
    This is an authentic psychological test.
    It is a story about a girl.
    While at the funeral of her mother, she met a man whom she did not know.
    She thought he was amazing, her dream guy, and she fell in love with him
    but never asked for his number and could not find him after the funeral.
    A few days later the girl killed her sister.

Question: What was her motive in killing her sister?

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The man was her father and she had an Electra complex?

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    See, what the story didn't tell you is that the sister had actually been the girl's landlord for the past three months. They had worked out a pretty sweet deal for the girl, seeing as they are sisters, but the sister eventually had to kick her out. The girl's heroin problem led to a few unsavory characters getting into the building and causing a ruckus, resulting on police intervention. On THREE seperate occasions. So, understandably, the sister did the right thing and kicked her out. She has a living to make, too. But then, the girl's boyfriend dumps her, because he thought she had kicked the drug habit, when she was actually lying to him for a period of six months. With her life in shambles and the death of her mother pressing on her mind, the girl finally snapped and took out her aggressions on the one she saw causing it all: her sister. Duh.

4. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    I've seen this one before. If I recall, what answer you give is supposed to indicate something about your state of mind. Apparently serial killers (and the like) tend to give certain kind of answers, I think.

Anyway, my first thought would be that her sister got together with the man, and it was a jealousy thing.

...wait, I've just remembered it. I know what the answer is that is supposed to indicate you have the mentality of a serial killer.

Wanna know?

...Let's just say, if your answer was that she killed her sister in order to have another funeral, and hopefully meet the man again, then, be worried :eek:

5. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    :(

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Jelousy.

7. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    That's alright then, you're not a murderer :eek: :D

And, judging by your spelling there, no criminal genius either :D

8. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    luk dood, i just wok up, iaght? and havin a hug hang over dont help to muc.

Gimme a break! DOOD!

9. I'll take jealousy for 500, Johnny.

10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You have some more info about that test? Links?

11. because she exepected that at the funeral of her sister her dream guy would be there again

simple

EDIT: Oops, I overlooked moleys post

12. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone
    Good one.

13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    *Has not read any of the other posts*

Obviously she did it so that there would be another funeral. She had hopes that she would see the man again.

I'm good...

14. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Nope, you're a psycho! :D

15. This may be quite trivial, but, if she thought he was "All That," and didn't ask for his number she
    couldn't have been THAT interested in him.

This also sounds like Cinderella in reverse - hold the murder.

Mike ;)

16. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I saw a book on lateral thinking puzzles. And while some of them were quite good, others were so lame.(the super challenging ones)

The solutions to the problems were pretty much someone just making up an absurd after-the-fact story. Like given the current example, there is no real way to tell, but the answer in the back of the book might have said something like "simple, while driving on the way home her sister spotted an alien abducting a cow, she begged for the girl to stop the car, and then when she finally did the sister saw that the cow was actually a sign, and the "alien" ship was actually a frisbee, frustrated she yelled out her dismay, only to startle her unimpressed sister causing the girl to accidentally step on the gas and run her sister over"

:ninja:

I'm good. :rolleyes:

17. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Not enough details.

Could be murder, could be a car accident, could be okaying her to be removed from life support.

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

19. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Yeah...Most of the lateral thinking puzzlie bookies I've seenie have been lame.

for the most part. I guess you could argue, that the "answers" given, are only one possible scenario, and the goal is really to come up with your own flawless scenario, but that's nothing special.

I much prefer the ones with number and pattern games, they are logical and still tricky.

20. She was a Siamese twin and attempted suicide. It all went horribly wrong.

I'm good!? :confused: