why did Warwick discontinue the Fortress

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Apr 14, 2003.

1. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    i have always liked the Warwick fortress bass.

expecially the 4 string with PJ passive pickups called Fortress one.

why is this bass discontinued?
  2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    They told me that they were planning on redisigning it and re-releasing it later.
  3. I was wondering the same thing.

Especially the Fortress Masterman.
    The Dual Preamp concept rocked!
  4. I have one and like it. Least neck-diving because of the body design...it was my main bass for a number of years.
  5. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i had a custom fortress 5 that just wailed.... still kickin myself for lettin that one go!
  6. Halftooth

Halftooth Supporting Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Tri-Valley, NorCal
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Fortress become the Altus, which then became the FNA. I know all that kind of happened at about the same time. The Fortress was a favorite of mine to.
  7. smashkick14

Jan 10, 2002
    everett wa
    i was confused too, that was a great bass, i didnt expect it to just go.
  8. the Altus/FNA uses the body shape of the Corvette- with the round "proboscis" upper horn.

the Fortress had a more angular body shape.
  9. I think it's because nobody famous was using it, and Warwick didn't want to have more than one "dildo-bass" body style in production :p
  10. Dolphin-

hmmm...what's with these body shapes...probably only the Streamer and that new BC Rich-style metal axe they're doing are exempt...
  11. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    There was a store with a used Fortress and on the tag they said "Condom included":D :rolleyes: :eek:
  12. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

13. Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    I'd buy it if you lowered the price to...oh...around $150 :D

In all seriousness, I'm sure it's a great bass and I hope it finds a good home :)
  14. Man, BassGuru, I would trade you basses, but I don't need 4 basses. I have to keep telling myself that. I don't need 4 basses...I don't need 4 basses...

I actually kinda like the Fortress, although I haven't played one ever. :( I think the only Warwick I've tried, that I didn't like was a Thumb 5...ick.
  15. Danny R.

Danny R. Supporting Member

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?! every bass player needs at LEAST 10 basses

Lockout I'll take the $150 and a cute sister [​IMG]

Daniel San [​IMG]

P.S J.K.